How to "retrohale" cigar smoke

Started by amigodecigars, 10/15/2016 10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amigodecigars

"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

toby2

Dave S.

"Only a small minutia of cigar smokers, less than 1 percent, actually retrohale. "

Finally . . . I made the top 1 percent of something.

"There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry."

George Armstrong Custer

Cfickter

QuoteDave S. - 10/16/2016  12:23 PM  "Only a small minutia of cigar smokers, less than 1 percent, actually retrohale. "  Finally . . . I made the top 1 percent of something.  

I find that number low, I don't have any facts to back it up, just seems low to me

Retrohaling for me has been a normal part of smoking.  Especially when doing reviews

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

05Venturer

QuoteCfickter - 10/16/2016  1:16 PM

QuoteDave S. - 10/16/2016  12:23 PM  "Only a small minutia of cigar smokers, less than 1 percent, actually retrohale. "  Finally . . . I made the top 1 percent of something.  

I find that number low, I don't have any facts to back it up, just seems low to me

Retrohaling for me has been a normal part of smoking.  Especially when doing reviews

Extremely low in my opinion also :?:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

millarddj

I have found retrohaling a cigar, being a non-smoker up to picking up the hobby, to be...challenging. I retrohaled a Damaso yesterday and I think I teared up a little - it definitely helps with tasting though.

With a pipe, I retrohale (or "snork") quite regularly, and it's much more rewarding. My nose doesn't get fried.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

05Venturer

Quotemillarddj - 10/16/2016  3:11 PM

I have found retrohaling a cigar, being a non-smoker up to picking up the hobby, to be...challenging. I retrohaled a Damaso yesterday and I think I teared up a little - it definitely helps with tasting though.

With a pipe, I retrohale (or "snork") quite regularly, and it's much more rewarding. My nose doesn't get fried.

YES You did tear up a little LOL  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

MacMac

Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

nirab

That percentage seems very low. I retrohale most cigars, but not every draw. I find mixing it up allows me to find the notes extremely well.  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

johncw

QuoteCfickter - 10/16/2016  4:16 PM

I agree with you Chuck.

gitfiddl

I can only do it by accident...

:confused:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

appollo

I like to retro hale more than regular,I find I get more flavors and they seem to be more intense.Sticks with alot of pepper do cause me some issues but I just take a smaller draw. :biggrin:

DonM

Like some of you, I retrohale regularly

"The Curmudgeon"

C130Driver

When I first started doing it, it damn near brought me to my knees. But, what I since figured out was if I let a majority of smoke out first leaving on a little in my mouth, and now mixed with fresh air to dilute it, then it makes it much more enjoyable. I don't do it every time I smoke, but if I'm really enjoying the cigar then I do.
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.