Free Cigar to Top Reviewers

Started by NewGuy, 12/24/2007 05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewGuy

The top 5 members with the most reviews between 12/24/2007, today, at 6:30pm EST and Friday 12/28/2007 at 6:30pm EST will be sent a free Cigar International Legends Yellow - Pepin Garcia cigar. The only catch is that a review is to be posted after you enjoy your prize to our Cigar Geeks cigar review section. Ties and conflicts will be decided by me, the prize donor. Everyone is eligable and Larry has decided to sit this one out and will not be considered as a contender, which is probably good news to other participants.

This cigar may be the best of the Legends series. If events like this work out we may enjoy the rich resource of our review library to a fuller extent.

Thanks to Paul for allowing this experiment here.

Good luck to all!  :smoker:

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

theoldcc

Cool contest Rack!  Thanks for setting this up.  My problem is I was in the habit of bidding on boxes and don't have anything I haven't already reviewed.  This will inspire me to head to my B&M.  :biggrin:

*P
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

NewGuy

No problem - Maybe you could re-review any of the smokes that you now appreciate more or less than when you originally reviewed them. Maybe like a friendship you have discovered something you have not shared before as your relationship with a particular stick has aged. I hope this is the case and more experienced smokers are not at a deficit. However, by all means, get to the B&M.

Seasons Greetings

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

SenorPablo

Good deal Rack!  Thanks for doing the contest.  Let's see what kind of reviews we can see.

Cheers!
-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

NewGuy

Sure thing Paul. I hope members participate and increase our review repository with the added motivation of a little friendly competetion.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

We have a tie for the lead and our first two contenders for one each of five freebie cigars. Both Sticks and mhuss have reviewed a stogie on our review board. The clock is ticking and we still have several days to go in our most reviews wins a stick  contest.
Smoke'm if you got'em!

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

ljlemer

QuoteNewGuy - 12/24/2007  10:26 PM

No problem - Maybe you could re-review any of the smokes that you now appreciate more or less than when you originally reviewed them. Maybe like a friendship you have discovered something you have not shared before as your relationship with a particular stick has aged. I hope this is the case and more experienced smokers are not at a deficit. However, by all means, get to the B&M.

Seasons Greetings

Rack

We can edit our reviews, but not post two for the exact same cigar. It would be interesting to post a second review alongside the first, and maybe change the rating a notch.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

theoldcc

Sweet.  The wife got me a few new smokes I haven't already reviewed.  Now I have something nw to review.  Now to pick the right one.
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

NewGuy

Quoteljlemer - 12/26/2007  12:56 AM

QuoteNewGuy - 12/24/2007  10:26 PM

Seasons Greetings

Rack

We can edit our reviews, but not post two for the exact same cigar. It would be interesting to post a second review alongside the first, and maybe change the rating a notch.

That would be cool, maybe note on the edited review the addition of the most recent change one has detected. Would this show on the recent review portion of the home page or how could I track an edited review to add new information for contest purposes?

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

Contest action:

1- qman 4 reviews
2- mhuss 1 review
3- Sticks 1 review
4- guille 1 review (must have mailing info to be eligable for free cigar)
5- AVAILABLE

Here we go!

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

QuoteNewGuy - 12/26/2007  6:06 PM

Contest action:

1- qman 4 reviews
2- mhuss 1 review
3- Sticks 1 review
4- guille 1 review (must have mailing info to be eligable for free cigar)
5- AVAILABLE

Here we go!

Rack

BTW, Larry is showing great emotional support for the contenders with 2 cigar reviews so far in the contest period which ends this Friday at 6:30pm EST.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

Update:

1- qman 4 reviews
2- Turboknat 2 reviews
3- mhuss 1 review
4- Sticks 1 review
5- guille 1 review (must have mailing info to be eligable for free cigar)

Rack

"Man is not an island"

ljlemer

QuoteNewGuy - 12/26/2007  6:14 PM

BTW, Larry is showing great emotional support for the contenders with 2 cigar reviews so far in the contest period which ends this Friday at 6:30pm EST.

Rack

Emotional support? Yeah, that's what it is. In any case, count again. I'm up to 3.

Thomas Mann

NewGuy

Quoteljlemer - 12/26/2007  9:09 PM

QuoteNewGuy - 12/26/2007  6:14 PM

Rack

Emotional support? Yeah, that's what it is. In any case, count again. I'm up to 3.

I have noted you are up to three. A terriffic effort considering. I guess security is pretty tight around your compound, eh?

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

Update:

1- qman 5 reviews
2- Turboknat 2 reviews
3- mhuss 1 review
4- Sticks 1 review

Recap:

By this time tomorrow our winners will be known. At 6:30pm EST Friday Dec. 28 the top 5 members who have reviewed the most cigars since Dec 24 at 6:30pm EST will win a Cigar International Legends Yellow - Pepin Garcia from me. Good luck and smoke'm if ya got'em.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

Sticks

Thanks "newguy" for sponsoring this latest contest.  With all of those good seegars you have in your humidor, I wish you were my next door neighbor. :rolleyes:   Well, I might have an unfair advantage in all off contest hoopala. I am visiting my cigar smoking brother in law this weekend and I should huff down quite a few choice smokes. Good luck to all.

NewGuy

No problemo Sticks. I see you have scored again in the contest, way to go!

Update:

1- qman 5 reviews
2- Turboknat 2 reviews
3- Sticks 2 reviews
4- mhuss 1 review

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

Turboknat

Don't know if I'll make it, but it is fun trying.  Cool contest, and goodluck to all.

ljlemer

Quoteccforme - 12/26/2007  8:53 AM

Sweet.  The wife got me a few new smokes I haven't already reviewed.  Now I have something nw to review.  Now to pick the right one.

I usually don't like surprises, since people seldom know what you really want, but even lousy cigars count as review credit.

Thomas Mann

Sticks

Larry, you must have been quite the charmer since it sounds like your wife is none too happy with your resumption of smoking. I hope she picked out some great sticks for you to enjoy and to share the experience with us.

ljlemer

QuoteSticks - 12/28/2007  7:42 AM

Larry, you must have been quite the charmer since it sounds like your wife is none too happy with your resumption of smoking. I hope she picked out some great sticks for you to enjoy and to share the experience with us.

If I gave you the impression that she ever bought me a cigar, I apologize.

Thomas Mann

mhuss

QuoteTurboknat - 12/27/2007  10:15 PM

Don't know if I'll make it, but it is fun trying.  Cool contest, and goodluck to all.

I certainly agree!  This is a very cool contest!  I just rated a second stick, so hopefully that'll put me in a decent position to acquire one of these lovely smokes.  Thanks for running this contest!

Sticks

Larry, it must be my lack eyesight. I was looking at a quote and didn't look close enough that it was from "ccforme"  My error.

NewGuy

You are in good shape Turbo - Thanks for participating.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

Quotemhuss - 12/28/2007  11:40 AM

I certainly agree!  This is a very cool contest!  I just rated a second stick, so hopefully that'll put me in a decent position to acquire one of these lovely smokes.  Thanks for running this contest!

You are lookin mhuss and thank you for contributing.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.