Cigar fest

Started by cpfrombv, 12/25/2007 02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpfrombv

I know that it has been called the red neck RTDA but I really have fun there. I was just wondering how many from the forum might be attending.
I work at a cigar store. You still think you have a better job?

NewGuy

I've heard CP talk about the event from last year and I am going to try to this year.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

ljlemer

I plead ignorance. What event is this?

OK. I checked: the Retail Tobacco Dealers of America's annual convention and trade show is free for members and not open to the public.

The International Premium Cigar and Pipe Retailers is the oldest, largest and most active trade association representing and assisting retail tobacconists.

Our members include:

* over 2,000 retail stores throughout the world selling tobacco products and accessories - premium cigars, tobacco pipes, loose tobacco, cigar and pipe accessories and gift items.

* more than 350 manufacturers, distributors and service providers of high quality merchandise

Next show:

IPCPR 76th Annual Convention and International Trade Show

July 13 - 17, 2008
Sands Expo Center
Las Vegas Nevada

Did I get it right?
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

NewGuy

The Cigar Fest is a Cigar International hosted event with many of their top vendor brands. Check it out
www.cigarfest.org

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

ljlemer

QuoteNewGuy - 12/25/2007  9:48 PM

The Cigar Fest is a Cigar International hosted event with many of their top vendor brands. Check it out
www.cigarfest.org

Rack

Have they chosen a locale for the 2008 event?

Thomas Mann

theoldcc

I could be game to go.  I think it is usually somewhere in central PA.  Maybe they'll do Split Rock resort again.
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

Sticks

Thanks guys for the heads up on this event. I am will have to take a look at that and show my cigar smoking brother in law.

NewGuy

Heads up ALERT

I just found the date posted, May 3, and the Cigar Nut premium ticket has already sold out! I found the link at the my account section of CI. I sent a post to customer support begging for a premium  ticket to purchase. We'll see.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

monteclaro

Man this sounds like it could be a great time.  I'll see if i can get there as well.
Hmmm...what to smoke, what to smoke...
http://www.cigargeeks.com/humidor/default....mber=monteclaro

ljlemer

Quoteccforme - 12/26/2007  8:51 AM

I could be game to go.  I think it is usually somewhere in central PA.

Last time I measured it, my leash doesn't reach past the city limits.

Thomas Mann

mhuss

QuoteNewGuy - 1/10/2008  9:32 PM
I just found the date posted, May 3/QUOTE]

Thanks Rack for posting that info.  I went on over to the CI site and read it for myself.  It definitely sounds like it would be worth the trip up there.  I've been to the Split Rock resort a few times for beer fests, and it's a great place.  The date of the event is the day after my birthday, so maybe I can talk my wife into a little birthday present with this.  Thanks again for posting the info!

NewGuy

cpfrombv on this list has been and may give more details but it does sound fun!

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

Cigarfest 08 appears to be down to only general admission ticket availability.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

No response from CI yet on my request for VIP tix. That is one popular herf!

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

mhuss

QuoteNewGuy - 1/11/2008  11:54 PM

Cigarfest 08 appears to be down to only general admission ticket availability.

Rack

I was just on the CI website the other day, and the VIH tickets were still available.  That at least lets you in to the event a couple of hours early than standard general admission.  But like I said, that was the other day, and those tickets could have sold out, too, I guess.

NewGuy

Last night and today only gen admin tix available.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

cpfrombv

Sorry for the delay getting back on here, I got an email saying that they are allowing some tickets to be purchased before they go on sale. I couldn't buy the Very Important Herfer ticket and I didn't or wasn't allowed to get any of the brunch tickets if that is still part of the venue. The email did say that because the resort couldnt hold any more than last year ,that 2 thousand was the most the spilt Rock resort could hold. I don't know that the venue still has those. I did get the tickets for the fest. If anything I at least have that!!!  :-)
I work at a cigar store. You still think you have a better job?

NewGuy

I may not be motivated for a multi-state trek for a few hours of smoke. HMMMMMM we'll see.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

mhuss

I know what you mean, Rack.  Even though I live in PA, Split Rock is about three hours away.  There's only general admission tickets left at this point, so a six-hour round trip ride for four hours of the festival isn't really worth it (especially with gas prices the way they are these days).  I'm gonna have to plan for next year.

NewGuy

Maybe we could get Paul to use some strength in our numbers and have CI pony up reserved tix for CG listers?
What do you think Paul?
Rack

"Man is not an island"

ljlemer

QuoteNewGuy - 1/15/2008  6:44 PM

Maybe we could get Paul to use some strength in our numbers and have CI pony up reserved tix for CG listers?
What do you think Paul?

Are we big?

Thomas Mann

NewGuy

Home to the largest Cigar Database on the internet! :bigthumbs:

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

ljlemer

QuoteNewGuy - 1/15/2008  10:50 PM

Home to the largest Cigar Database on the internet! :bigthumbs:

Rack

I meant membershipwise.

Thomas Mann

mhuss

Quoteljlemer - 1/16/2008  2:57 AM
I meant membershipwise.

Sure, we have 545 members registered.  Is that enough?    :confused:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.