Smoke in your car?

Started by clami, 11/30/2016 06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clami

I am commuting more and more lately, and love the idea of enjoying a cigar or two on the road.  Problem is that I don't want my car (with cloth seats) to smell like an ash tray.  Any geeks want to share their system for smell / smoke management in the car?  

Thanks

Clay 

05Venturer

I smoke in mine all the time, don't really worry about the smell.
But
Ozium spray, FeBreeze both work well.
Otherwise a portable ozone machine on occasion should take care of it.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

toby2

i don't smoke in my personal truck but smoke all day in my work truck. it gets into the ac system and that's that. anytime you turn it on it smells like fine cigars.

raize

I've used Ozium spray in our car, a rental, and in our 2nd bedroom. Stuff works great and leaves a lemon-y fresh scent (but really though...)
An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=raize

Vroomp

There is also an Ozium that is "New Car Smell".......

Like Kent said. A combination of Fabreeze & Ozium is what I use for rental cars and I never pay for smoking in one~!

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

headfirst

I'll have to look into ozium.  I smoke in my 11 year old car once in a while (cloth seats).  What I do is keep passenger windows cracked at high speeds, driver window open at lower speeds, and keep windows cracked while driving the next few days and the smell goes away.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Cfickter

Don't smoke in the car, but this may let me!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

shakinghorizons

I smoke in my work truck often. I leave the windows down on it when I am in the office to air it out. Takes a couple days of outside air to clean it out.

Beegerply

On long road trips I smoke, driver side passenger window down drivers window about 3inches and front passenger window about 3inches. I also have a sunroof it works great.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

clami

DonM

I don't smoke in either of our vehicles. The wife would get a bit shytty if I did in her's especially with her respiratory problems. I have on the Harley with the Windows down

"The Curmudgeon"

vw77guy

I know a bunch of guys that use ozium.  Zep from the auto store works pretty good too.

MacMac

I don't smoke in my vehicles.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Smokin surfer

A long road trip is one of my favorite times to smoke something complex that deserves a lot of attention to detail.  I am fortunate that I do spend quite a bit of windshield time in the work truck,  which smells like fine cigars even in the cargo box  after a long haul!   I'm going to have to try some of the suggestions because citrus spray and rolled down windows doesn't really cut it long term..

DRuff

Nothing better than that smoke while stuck in traffic. I have leather interior so it's not as much of an issue as cloth seats. I use this spray and it works great https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005Y3L890/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

junglepete

I enjoy smoking in the car, however, only when on the highway for long stretches longer than an hour. Crack my window, left hand with cigar, left elbow on arm rest or bottom of window, hand near crack, and all the smoke gets sucked out immediately. The car never smells when I'm done. When traveling with my wife, in the Sprinter camper van, her driving, I do the same thing on the passenger side and all the smoke gets sucked out and everybody is happy.  :dancing:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

calvarez

I don't generally smoke in my Jeep, but do every time I do an off-road trip.  And last time on a 4-hour drive to an off-road weekend I had a couple.  I *hate* the smoke of stale tobacco in a car, as does the wife.  After abusing my Jeep, I clean out the interior, vacuum it, then spray all cloth surfaces with both Febreeze 2x and Odoban.  Close it up for at least a day, and it's all gone.

Also any time I'm smoking I have at least my window open so it doesn't concentrate.  I guess another option would be to run the fan on full with recirculate off.
Carlos Alvarez, Peoria, AZ

"I've learned that the taboo subjects -- religion, politics,
philosophy -- can be safely discussed in polite company
when you're holding a fine cigar and a scotch."
  -- Me

headfirst

Quotejunglepete - 12/19/2016  3:43 PM

I enjoy smoking in the car, however, only when on the highway for long stretches longer than an hour. Crack my window, left hand with cigar, left elbow on arm rest or bottom of window, hand near crack, and all the smoke gets sucked out immediately. The car never smells when I'm done. When traveling with my wife, in the Sprinter camper van, her driving, I do the same thing on the passenger side and all the smoke gets sucked out and everybody is happy.  :dancing:
I tried this and it really did minimize the odor.  I could see it working to perfection on a longer freeway drive.  I had a slight odor in my case I think because I wasn't done with the cigar when I had to exit the freeway, and I need me a xikar can.

Thanks for sharing Pete!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

junglepete

:bigthumbs: Exactly. It's only an issue when you get off the freeway for a pit stop or the end of a trip  ;-)
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

C130Driver

Quotejunglepete - 12/19/2016  5:43 PM

This is what I do with one tweak. After finishing I leave the windows down for another hour or so (I only smoke in the car on long trips) to air things out. If it's winter I leave all the windows cracked a few inches with the heat on high. I've never had an issue with the smell sticking around. Also, I don't do it daily by any means. Maybe monthly.
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

The Burn Ward

I really only polish one off occasionally and it never smells the following day, leather seats though.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.