January Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by junglepete, 12/13/2016 07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by clami (Clay)

The Cigar: RoMa Craft Tobac Aquitaine Pestera Muierilor (4 x 46, NIC)

The Hype - The Aquitaine contains the same long-filler, full-bodied blend found in the US Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro wrapped CroMagnon, including its unique Cameroon binder. However, the Aquitaine features a beautiful Ecuador Habano Ligero wrapper selected from the best tobacco we could find. This eighth and ninth priming ligero leaf is thick, oily and has amazing texture.

The filler leaf for this blend was acquired from three separate growing regions in Nicaragua: Esteli, Condega and a small farm north of Esteli on the Honduran border, Pueblo Nuevo. This third leaf, a ligero, brings a strong, smoky, savory flavor to the blend. When combined with the spicy characteristics of the habano wrapper, the exotic bite of the Cameroon binder and the clean finish of its viso and seco companions, the blend adds another dimension to the deep rich tobacco flavor we present in the CroMagnon.

The Reviewers:

Criteria: Veteran status, plus. We will try to have a mix of newer members and experienced members. Also must not have done a review in November or December.  

Shipping Restrictions: Limited to US addresses.

1. McBryde (Emerson)
2. sar127 (Rob)
3. Cfickter (Chuck)
4. Beegerply (Byron)
5. jharrisx5 (Jason)

Due date: December 30, 2016

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

Thanks again to Clay for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :bigthumbs:

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

McBryde

"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

sar127

Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

Cfickter

I would be interested and have smoked a few of these.  So if you end up needing someone I will jump aboard, but I will fly standby and let someone else enjoy this awesome cigar IMHO
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Beegerply

I've never had one I'm in if you think I'm worthy  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

jharrisx5

Been a while for me...if nobody else jumps in I'd play...
Puff Puff Give....

Beegerply

Byron

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

MacMac

Good bunch of reviewers! :cigarman:
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

clami

This will be fun, thanks for stepping up to review.  I will have the packages out to you all in the next few days.  Had an idea with this one that might be fun.  In the package will be a CroMagnon Pestera Muierilor.  This is the same cigar except for the wrapper of the one you will be reviewing.  Try the CroMagnon after the Aquitaine and let us know what differences you pick up.  It is fun to see how big a difference just changing the wrapper on a cigar can have on the taste.  This would not be part of the review - just an optional activity.  Thanks again to our reviewers!

Clay

clami

Packages are on their way.  Double check the cigar before you review it - the CroMagnon and the Aquitaine look very similar - even the band color is close (almost messed up when sending them out).  Thanks again guys.

Beegerply

Byron

clami

Packages should be arriving today.  Looking forward to read the reviews.  Thanks again.

junglepete

Good idea Clay. It will be interesting to see some comments on the different wrappers.  :cool:
Guru of Frugality

sar127

Quoteclami - 12/19/2016  1:34 PM  Packages should be arriving today.  Looking forward to read the reviews.  Thanks again.

Got it yesterday Clay. Thanks so much for the extras! I like the idea of having two review cigars, ones already been burned lol!

Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

Beegerply

Got mine yesterday, man do they look tasty.   :biggrin:
Byron

Cfickter

Clay, mine also arrived.  Thanks for the hitchhikers, this will be a very enjoyable review

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

clami

Glad the cigars made it.  Thanks for stepping up on this one - it will be a quick turn around with the holidays upon us.  The deadline is December 30th to have your review in.  Hopefully you will all be able to carve out some review time soon.  Thanks again.

Cfickter

Hoping to have mine in tomorrow or Thursday

McBryde

I got mine in yesterday as well, looking forward to reviewing these!

E

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

jharrisx5

Mine have arrived also. Thanks a bunch for the extras.

Mine will be closer to the deadline due to a cold but it wI'll get done!
Puff Puff Give....

Cfickter

Clay my critique is in, thank for letting me participate

McBryde

Clay, my critique is in as well, and I really appreciate you letting me participate in it! Do you want us to post on here what we think about the different wrappers on the pair, or somewhere else?

E

clami

QuoteCfickter - 12/23/2016  2:34 PM  Clay my critique is in, thank for letting me participate

Thanks for the quick review!!  Great job.

clami

QuoteMcBryde - 12/23/2016  11:04 PM  Clay, my critique is in as well, and I really appreciate you letting me participate in it! Do you want us to post on here what we think about the different wrappers on the pair, or somewhere else?  E

Great Job!  I think it would be great to post your comments here about the different wrappers.  Would love to hear about the experience.   

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.