whynter 400 ct humidor

Started by Katp1031, 12/27/2016 04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katp1031

Hello Everyone!

New to the site, not to smoking. My fiance got me the Whynter 400 ct thermoelectric humidor for Christmas. I have found a lot of reviews, but I'm looking for specific information. Anyone who has this humidor: I know there are reviews saying the temperature readout isn't accurate, so I am going to get another hygrometer. I wonder if, like my wine fridge, there is a particular spot in the humidor where my high value sticks should go to get the best moisture? I'm also curious what additional humidification options owners have found success with. Beads, humipacks, drymistat tubes? I am also going to buy some shelves and I wonder if anyone has found anything more creative than cedar?

I appreciate any feedback!!

Vroomp

I am sure you will be getting a few responses on this question as a few members here own the Whynter humidors, but please take a few minutes and introduce yourself in the newbie intro thread~!

:welcome:  to the site~~!

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

ntanner

Dont own that model but have something similar and I prefer the Boveda pack's. They can be recharged if they dry out and they keep the RH nice and level top to bottom for me.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

toby2

not sure on that model but exact figures aren't really that big of a deal IMO. find a spot where you like your cigars to be at and burn the way you like and remember the value the device says it is.

Gustoff

I use another model, but different methods have different advantages... beads take up more space, but maintain RH longer... Bovedas are reliable and inexpensive, but i get sick of changing them so often... we pick and choose our battles, but they all work fine.
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.