Will I live to see 90?

Started by amigodecigars, 01/08/2017 11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amigodecigars

I recently picked a new primary care doctor.

After two visits and exhaustive Lab tests, he said I was doing ‘fairly well' for my age.  (I just turned "72").
A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him, 'Do you think I'll live to be 90?'
He asked, 'Do you smoke cigars, or drink beer, wine or hard liquor?' ||| 'Oh no,' I replied. 'I'm not doing drugs,  either!’ 
Then he asked, 'Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?' ||| 'I said, 'not much... my former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!’  
He asked 'Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, boating, sailing, hiking, or bicycling?' |||  'No, I don't,’ I said. 
He asked, ‘Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lots of sex?’ ||| 'No,' I said.
He looked at me and said,  'Then, why do you even give a s**t?'
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

appollo

It doesn't sound good for me. :lmao:

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

gitfiddl

I saw '90.  Other than meeting my wife, 1990 was nothing special.

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

johncw

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

shakinghorizons

I'm taking that to my doctor!

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

ebernabe

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.