Points Contest Reward Coming from Famous Now

Started by SenorPablo, 01/08/2017 09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

Folks - Not sure if you noticed the subtle change in the Points Contests.  Going forward the gift certificate reward will be coming from Famous Smoke.  Those guys have been a long time supporter of CG and it only makes sense for us to spend the money with them.  I don't have any problems or ill will toward CI, but it has been primarily Famous that has kept the lights on here at CG.  So now the reward will be for Famous Smoke Shop and you'll be able to add our special CG 17% discount on top of it.

BTW, don't forget to click through their banner when you buy from them and use our CG17 discount code.  It is VERY hard to beat their prices especially when you add the discount code.

Cheers!
-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

ninfiction

Excellent! Have bought from Famous many times and always take advantage of the code. Thanks Paul!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

tvolball

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Cfickter

Always happy to support a supporter of CG!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

millarddj

Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

appollo

Jackal

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

c9belayer

Thanks, SenorPablo, for the note and reminder.

I swore off CigarBid because each of my last 3 orders had issues, either something didn't get shipped, or an auction didn't actually exist. (Isn't that illegal? I mean, can you sell something on eBay and then turn around and offer a substitute?!? WTF? I know they try to explain it away, and maybe that's acceptable once in a blue moon, but every 2 out of 3 orders?! To me, it feels like their process is really, really broken, or worse. Either way, I can't condone it, and by extension, CI.) I now order my "catalog" cigars from Famous, so it's great to know I've got a discount code I can use in addition to their free shipping policy. P.S. Famous' Auction is pretty darn good, too.
-- c9belayer

shakinghorizons

Good deal! Now just to remember to click the banner. ....

Cfickter

I haven't ordered very much from Famous but have been to their store and restaurant. Great place and they carry Roma Craft now that makes them great!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

McBryde

I really like ordering with Famous instead of CI, I wish this would have been going on when I won it a couple months ago. Next time though!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Brlesq

QuoteCfickter - 1/9/2017  6:10 PM

I haven't ordered very much from Famous but have been to their store and restaurant. Great place and they carry Roma Craft now that makes them great!

Chuck and I and a few others spent an entire afternoon there.  The best lounge and smoker friendly bar/restaurant that I have ever visited.

And I have spent plenty of coin thru their website over the years, including the purchase of a box of Amazon Basins last week.

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

headfirst

Sounds like good business partnership principles to me. :bigthumbs:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

MacMac

Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

nirab

QuoteBrlesq - 1/9/2017  7:48 PM

QuoteCfickter - 1/9/2017  6:10 PM

Chuck and I and a few others spent an entire afternoon there.  The best lounge and smoker friendly bar/restaurant that I have ever visited.

And I have spent plenty of coin thru their website over the years, including the purchase of a box of Amazon Basins last week.

X2 on the Amazon Basins... :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.