PerfecDraw Cigar Accessory

Started by c9belayer, 01/10/2017 04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c9belayer

A forum search found no mention of this, but in case it's there and I can't find it, I'll keep this short.

I got a new tool a few weeks ago called the PerfecDraw Cigar Accessory. See: http://perfecdraw.com/. It's a draw poker. A dentist unsatisfied at how ineffective most draw pokers were decided to "science the sh*t" out of the idea and came up with an evil looking instrument of torture. But for cigar smokers it's a DREAM COME TRUE. It really works, and I use it often. In fact, it works so well I fine-tune cigars that are only slightly snug. I've even opened up cigarillos with it, no kidding.

-- c9belayer

headfirst

Cool, but $40 for a poker?
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

MacMac

Hummm....I've seen similar tools but I'm never had that big of a problem with the cigars I've smoked. I'm had a few a bit tight but not that tight.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

headfirst

I've had some seriously overstuffed sticks that frustrate me, but isn't a Havana saver more affordable and does the same thing?
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

nirab

that's way too much for a cigar poker...git ya a metal coat hanger, cut off a 6-8" section, cut grooves in one end...bam!!
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Mautrak

It looks like a great device, but I've never bought anything like that.  If I can't fix a draw problem with a wire or coat hanger, the cigar is getting tossed in the flower bed.  I'm not about to spend money on something like that.  Free?  It would be great.  Costs money?  Nope.

ebernabe

a paper clip will also work in a pinch.

shakinghorizons

That's a lot of dough for a piece of metal!

Golfgar

It is a very nice item which works well.  Normal draw pokers don't have that little bit at the point so sometimes they don't work the best.  Since I can smoke at the office I normally just use a paperclip as suggested above, and if I can find a long thin screw with a small thread at the end that would work better as the paper clip sometimes gets sideways and will poke a hole where it is not required.  $40 is indeed a big jump and with rolling of cigars getting better, pokers aren't even a necessity that much anymore.  Most factories use draw testers now I think.

Brlesq

Most of us on the herf have been using a $10 Havana Saver for a draw tool.  Has a 4" spiral shaft that does a nice clean job.  But mostly we use them for nubbing every last puff of goodness from our cigars!  :smoker:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

c9belayer

Wow, I really like that iron cross on the Havan Saver, brlesq. But like the man says in the videos, most pokers just push tobacco out of the way, and after heating up, and getting slightly moistened due to combustion, the leaf just closes in around the hole you made, so ultimately it fails. This is the only poker I've used that actually removes tobacco (just a tiny bit), and that's the whole point. And while it's true cigar rollers are getting more consistent, and your finer cigars are usually made better anyway, I'm not about to throw a Liga Privada Dirty Rat in the flower bed just because it's a bit tight. I'm gonna do what I can to fix it, and this tool works a treat. Agreed that it will take a dozen more fixes to pay for itself, but I'm glad I got one.
-- c9belayer

StogieDad

If it works for you, then it is worth it!  Kind of like everything in cigars, some people think any cigar over $5 is crazy, and some don't even flinch at a $25 cigar.  Some use the $1.49 BIC lighter, and some $100 super fancy one.  As long as you are happy with it, then it is all good.

I actually don't keep a separate poker of any kind, as I rarely have anything plugged, and I use my Xikar scissors a lot, which have a little poker that can flip out that has cleared anything I have ever really had a problem with.  But that is just me.  Thanks for the info though, I am a "cigar junk" guy, so I love to see stuff like that.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

johncw

QuoteStogieDad - 1/13/2017  10:11 AM

If it works for you, then it is worth it!  Kind of like everything in cigars, some people think any cigar over $5 is crazy, and some don't even flinch at a $25 cigar.  Some use the $1.49 BIC lighter, and some $100 super fancy one.  As long as you are happy with it, then it is all good.

I actually don't keep a separate poker of any kind, as I rarely have anything plugged, and I use my Xikar scissors a lot, which have a little poker that can flip out that has cleared anything I have ever really had a problem with.  But that is just me.  Thanks for the info though, I am a "cigar junk" guy, so I love to see stuff like that.

Agreed

nirab

QuoteBrlesq - 1/11/2017  8:25 PM

Most of us on the herf have been using a $10 Havana Saver for a draw tool.  Has a 4" spiral shaft that does a nice clean job.  But mostly we use them for nubbing every last puff of goodness from our cigars!  :smoker:

:word:  :cheer:  :cigarman:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

McBryde

Looks like a good tool to add to my set of tools to use on my daughters want to be boyfriends in the future, may have to pick one up! $40 is just a drop in the bucket for a great tool when you really need it!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Caveman Steve

I just checked out some of the reviews/videos.  Looks like a great product to me.  A tight draw is the WORST problem I ever seem to have with a cigar and can be so frustrating.  I never had a true cigar poker, but have tried paper clips etc. with so-so results.  If this product works as advertised, it's a small price to pay to insure a good draw.  Should last a lifetime for the cost of a decent fiver.  I'm surprised at the lukewarm reception.  Gonna have to get one I think.

Just my .02c   :biggrin:
"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

Cfickter

Like many I feel it is a bit pricey for something that I really don't have much of an issue with.  But in the one video it tells you that you can clear out some additional tobacco by blowing thru the opposite end. Ok, but putting the foot in you're mouth could wet the cigar and cause a bad light or initial burn?
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Brlesq

QuoteCfickter - 1/14/2017  11:10 AM

Like many I feel it is a bit pricey for something that I really don't have much of an issue with.  But in the one video it tells you that you can clear out some additional tobacco by blowing thru the opposite end. Ok, but putting the foot in you're mouth could wet the cigar and cause a bad light or initial burn?

That reminds me of an old joke:

One day, a farmer was tending to his livestock when he noticed that one of his cows was completely cross-eyed. He called up a veterinarian friend of his who told him to bring in his cow. The vet took one look at the cow, stuck a tube up the cow's butt, and blew into the tube until the cow's eyes straightened out. The vet charged the farmer a hundred bucks, and the farmer went home happy. About a week later, the cow's eyes were cross-eyed again, but this time the farmer figured he could probably take care of it himself. So he called his hired hand over, and together they put a tube up the cow's butt. The farmer put his lips to the tube and started to blow. Strangely, nothing happened, so he asked his hired hand to give it a try. The hired hand removed the tube, turned it around, put it in the cow's butt and started to blow.

"What are you doing?" asked the farmer, horrified.

"Well, I wasn't gonna use the side that YOU had put your lips on."
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

toby2

^^^ have mercy! :biggrin: yeah i have a length of #12 ground wire hanging off my Stinky for poking. can't beat a pipe for nubbing. i have stupid pricey toys so i'm not one to tell someone how to spend their cash. gonna light up a Behike and drink a $100 bottle of booze on Friday to celebrate the end of an error if that says anything about me pissing my cash away..

calvarez

It's certainly different from a Havana Saver, so really the question would be...when does it pay back for the cost?  I was really thinking about buying it, but their own over-hyped marketing talked me out of it:

How often do you light up your cigar and
proclaim, "Now THAT's a perfect draw!"
Probably not very often. But wouldn't it
be glorious if that happened with every
cigar... every time? Well, now it can with the
PerfecDraw! Click to see why you should
consider using the PerfecDraw...

Come to think of it, the answer is "nearly all the time."  I smoke a lot of cigars, and draw issues happen maybe a couple times a month.  "Unsmokable" draw issues happen maybe monthly.  As a wild guess, that's got to be over 50 cigars smoked, with one bad one.  So it would take years to pay for itself.
Carlos Alvarez, Peoria, AZ

"I've learned that the taboo subjects -- religion, politics,
philosophy -- can be safely discussed in polite company
when you're holding a fine cigar and a scotch."
  -- Me

C130Driver

QuoteCfickter - 1/14/2017  1:10 PM

Screw the light, how about burning your mouth. LMAO.  Sorry I couldn't resist. :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

Hot Stuff x

I used to have plugged or tight cigars pretty regularly when I kept my humidity at 70%-ish.   I dropped it to 65%-ish and most of my draw problems went away.  Now the only cigars I ever have a problem with are cheap ones, where the problem is caused by poor rolling rather than poor humidity.
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

calvarez

Agreed, I run 69% Boveda packs which gives an actual (calibrated) humidity of 66-67.  Better burn than 70%.
Carlos Alvarez, Peoria, AZ

"I've learned that the taboo subjects -- religion, politics,
philosophy -- can be safely discussed in polite company
when you're holding a fine cigar and a scotch."
  -- Me

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

05Venturer

QuoteBrlesq - 3/30/2017  8:16 PM

62-65% in all of mine
Ditto  :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.