Been awhile...

Started by mike.casey, 01/21/2017 09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike.casey

Long time no see geeks!

I thought I'd check in. I'm currently smoking a monte #2 that was hand delivered from the ISOM by a co-worker of mine. I'm celebrating the birth of my first daughter (4th child)!

In cigar related news I've been working at a University fit the past year building online courses with different faculty. Several work in the college of business and have been making trips to Cuba for recruiting and research since relations have been normalized.

Each time they bring me back a care package for the help I give then through course development. It's been pretty cool! They even ask about my favorite brands

How are things around here? I keep up with a few on Facebook and McBryde is a close friend. Otherwise I'm out of touch. .
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

McBryde

Been too long of a while slacker! Good to see you back on here Mike, even though I know time is slim with 4 kiddos now. I have a little baby welcome package I need to get to you as well.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

mike.casey

QuoteMcBryde - 1/22/2017  12:45 AM

Been too long of a while slacker! Good to see you back on here Mike, even though I know time is slim with 4 kiddos now. I have a little baby welcome package I need to get to you as well.

E

I owe you too much already! You need to just come over with a gallon Ziploc and go through my humi!  :biggrin:

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

toby2

mike.casey

Quotetoby2 - 1/22/2017  12:50 AM

howdy big mike!

Tobias my man! How's tricks?

Ron White

ninfiction

Mike, great to see you alive and well! Stick around will ya, we need a little more action around here.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

McBryde

Quotemike.casey - 1/22/2017  12:50 AM

QuoteMcBryde - 1/22/2017  12:45 AM

E

I owe you too much already! You need to just come over with a gallon Ziploc and go through my humi!  :biggrin:

That could get dangerous!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

05Venturer

Welcome back brother. Congrats on the new family addition.
Nice to see you haven't forgot about us.  :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

StogieDad

Good to see ya around brother!!  Congrats on the new addition!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

SenorPablo

Good to hear from you Mike.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Brlesq

Great to see you, Mike!  Congrats to you and your wife on the birth of your daughter.  She's a lucky little lady with 3 older brothers to look out for her.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nirab

Hello brother Mike! Congrats on the new kiddo. You are a blessed man my friend, good to hear from you.  :biggrin:  :angel:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

appollo

Great to hear from you Mike.Congrats on the new addition.

DonM

Welcome back!   Congrats on your daughter.  Sounds like things are good for you, hope you come back more often

"The Curmudgeon"

mike.casey

Thanks men!

That monte #2 was mighty tasty, and I believe it flung a craving on me to light up more regularly, which probably means hanging around you enablers a little more often.

I'm glad to see the old guard hasn't all gone to pasture :biggrin:

Ron White

Cfickter

Good to hear from you again
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

mike.casey

Here's what's on tap today!

A Cuban and a crossbow...

Ron White

mike.casey

Pics too big on my phone, but I'll add it later.

Ron White

biggsy16

Congrats on the new member to your family,enjoy
Never done being a Dad

MacMac

Welcome back. Hope you can stay regular. Look forward to getting to know you.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.