2017-2018 Birthday Bomb Exchange - DONE!

Started by headfirst, 01/28/2017 10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

headfirst

:happybday::happybday::happybday::happybday::happybday::happybday::happybday::happybday::happybday::happybday::happybday::happybday::happybday:

Welcome to the second annual Birthday Bomb Exchange!  This will be a year long exchange to give all you uber-generous geeks a chance to nail another geek with a killer bomb for their birthday.  We're bringing birthdays back geek style!

How it will work:

This year I carefully engineered who will be hitting who and it has nothing to do with order so that you're not getting from or giving to the same geek as last time.  I also tried to avoid any familiar looking targets as best I could to help keep things interesting...i.e. Kent will not be bombing Daniel and vice versa!  :biggrin:

Who can participate:

If your name is here you're in, if not, enjoy the show and there's always next year.
appollo
nirab
ninfiction
Cfickter
05Venturer
jharrisx5
bstessl
ebernabe
millarddj
Camshaft83
Stogiedad
SenorPablo
sar127

What needs to be in the bomb:

Cigars of course!  The bomb should have a minimum total value of $25 as customarily determined around these parts (CI box prices, etc), should contain at least 2 cigars, and each cigar should have at least a 3.5 star rating (so no pineapple white owls...unless it's a gag that is thrown in over and above the $25 bomb).  There's no minimum or maximum value on each cigar, just make sure they're not dog rockets.  There are no upper limits on the bomb value or size, spank that birthday boy as hard as you want!  You may want to designate a particular birthday cigar similar to the new year smoke in the secret santa exchange, but it's not required.  If you want to include something other than cigars in your bomb you're welcome to do so, just please meet the $25 value in cigars first and foremost.

When will it start:

February 1, 2017

When will it end:

January 31, 2018

Anything Else?:

Yes.  Please make sure to leave feedback for your bday bomber and please make sure to post a picture of your gift so all of us sitting at the birthday party table can be wondering why it can't be OUR birthday.

:happybday::happybday::happybday::happybday::happybday::happybday::happybday::happybday::happybday::happybday::happybday::happybday::happybday:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

05Venturer

Thanks for running this again brother  :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

sar127

Looking forward to it. Thanks for running this again!! :dancing:  :dancing:
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

ninfiction

Love this! Thanks for running it again Gary.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

appollo

Thanks Gary for putting this together.

ebernabe

headfirst

In the spirit of learning from moderating mistakes and missteps I've updated the rules for leaving feedback and posting a pic of your gift.  To Kent's point in the old thread it's not that much to ask and it's the least you can do to show your appreciation of your BOTL's thoughtfulness.  Let's make birthdays great again! :usa:  :biggrin:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

tjm0831

Sorry Kent, I thought that I had posted a pic of this when I got it in.  So thanks for the bomb brother.  I've been running around here for a while, and I'll be running around for a time yet.  So, again, sorry that this didn't get posted before.  It was my intention to have had posted this when I first took the picture.  Thanks brother.

headfirst

-Charles Spurgeon

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

appollo

Well done  kent.Let the fun begin. :dancing:  :thumbsup:

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

StogieDad

Some fine smokes in that lot for sure!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

millarddj

Oh, good show! We're off to a great start. :bigthumbs:
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

05Venturer

Received my Bday Bomb from Eric (ebernabe) today. Thanks a bunch brother :thumbsup:
Looking forward to turning these to ash

Included are
Roberto P Duran Tainos
SLR Rothchilde
DPG Cuban Classic
Hammer & Sickle Trademark Series Maduro Robusto
DE Undercrown Gran Toro
Kristoff Connecticut Robusto
& a
Perdomo Lot 23 Robusto Natural
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

appollo

Another great gift.Well done Eric. :thumbsup:

ebernabe

I hope you do enjoy them. Happy Birthday hope it's a good day.

ninfiction

Excellent start guys! Great cigars.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

headfirst

-Charles Spurgeon

nirab

:bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs: Happy Birthday Kent!  :happybday:  :cheer:  :cheer:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

SenorPablo

Posted this on my bday thread as well...

Just came back from the PO and got a huge B-Day bomb from Brian (Nirab.) This was just awesome. some very nice sticks in there. Ones I know I love and others I can't wait to try. Thanks so much Brian!

Crowned Heads Paniolo
 Curivari Reserva Limitada Maduro
 Flatbed Green Robusto
 Flatbed Blue Robusto
 Bolivar
 Arturo Fuente Eye of the Shark
 Liga Privada FFP
 Curivari Gloria de Leon
 Room 101 Uncle Lee
 Cohiba Red Dot
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

benchjockey

Wonderful birthday gift selection, Brian.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

headfirst

-Charles Spurgeon

appollo

Well done Brian,great selection :bigthumbs:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.