Hi Everybody

Started by Deener27, 01/30/2017 09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deener27

Just wanted to say hi as a new member here.

bstessl has been talking about this site for a few years now and I decided to take the plunge on his recommendation.  He and I have been friends for 14 years now and we have a monthly cigar meetup in the NWI area.  If you are in the area or traveling to Chicago, we are together the last Thursday night of every month and as B says, the more the merrier.  He is a great guy and I am really lucky to call him a great friend as well.

I currently live in the Chicagoland area and have been an enthusiast for close to 10 years.  Some of my favorite brands are Gurkha, Romeo Y Julieta, Macanudo and Olivia in addition to many others.  My tastes are varied and it depends on the situation but I am really into trying different taste profiles and I love to test out different sticks with different coffee, wine and scotch.  I am looking forward to reading and learning more about this great passion we have here.  

My wife and I have an almost 8 month old boy who continues to amaze us every day.  Luckily, my situation has been able to afford me a bunch of stay at home dad time.  The company that I was working for as the Corporate Controller was bought out and my job was eliminated so that allowed my time with the boy.  I have been an accountant in practice for 10 years and am looking for a new opportunity.

Other than that, I am looking forward to reading and trying things as well as the community aspect.

Looking forward to hearing from all of you and getting involved here!  Hope you all have a fine Monday!

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

nirab

Welcome from beeuudaful Buda, Texas!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs: If you are a friend of Brian's, ya gotta be all right!!  :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:

May I suggest opening a cigar shop as your new profession??  :angel:  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

StogieDad

Great intro!  Welcome to the Geeks from Atlanta!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

Welcome to CG David from Pittsburgh
Wow, a pretty glowing description of Brian, does he owe you money or something?
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Beegerply

Welcome from across state in the Quad Cities (Moline) enjoy the site.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

benchjockey

Welcome from South Florida!
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

ebernabe

welcome from Missouri

05Venturer

Welcome from NW Sconnie
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

ninfiction

Welcome to the group!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

appollo

:welcome: From Nova Scotia.Enjoy the site :-)

junglepete

Welcome to the site...looking forward to your participation.  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Brlesq

Glad to have you join us!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

RDF

Welcome to CG! from SE Michigan
HokieSmokes!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." H. Jackson Brown

The Burn Ward

Welcome to Geeks

toby2

MacMac

Welcome to the Cigar Geek community from Lake Gaston VA.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

SenorPablo

Welcome to CG!

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Gustoff

Welcome! Bunch of great geeks here!
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

Mautrak

A solid introduction.  Welcome to the site, David.

ntanner

Welcome from New Mexico.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Deener27

Awesome response everybody and thanks for the warm welcome.  (Certainly warmer than the weather outside around here)

I look forward to seeing you all around the boards.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Camshaft83

Welcome to CG from Utah! You couldn't have picked a better forum to join. Looking forward to seeing you around the forums.  :smoker:
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

bstessl

Sure, The boards are a pleasure, now you gotta show some stones and join a Herf... LOL.  It's about time you joined us!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.