any chileheads here

Started by ebernabe, 02/15/2017 04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebernabe

just curious how many like hot sauces or are chileheads, or love to cook. trying to spice up my next pass.

millarddj

I am not the spice addict I once was (stomach is getting "weak" in my old age), but I probably do more than half the cooking in my home at this point!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

StogieDad

Me me me!  I collect hot sauce although my tolerance has waned a bit since my 20's.  But I fancy myself quite the cook, have my full outdoor kitchen with a Primo Oval Ceramic Grill and an Infared Gas.  Then the wife and I just redid the kitchen with a huge 6-burner and griddle range so with that and the wall oven we have three.  So yea, i likes to cook!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Deener27

Indeed.  Heat and flavor are fine by me.

I really like heat but I have been honestly getting into different flavors as well in sauces and rubs.

Love to cook so much that I am the primary provider of the good stuff here.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

nirab

I like heat n hot sauce. I'm not a fan of scalding hot, but if I break a sweat, that's good. I am not a fan of heat without flavor, and it seems a lot of new stuff is all about the hot hot hot...oh, and you want it to taste good too???  I haven't cooked much since my wife became a vegetarian, but I do love me a tasty hot sauce! I use it in a lot of things I eat. Look forward to seeing what you have planned!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

shakinghorizons

Nom Nom Nom - love spice!!! If you're not sweating, you're not eating!

appollo

Yea I like spicy food,but no one else in my family can.I make my food as spicy as I can,but its not even as close to hot as I would like.Yes I am looking foreword to your next pass. :-)

toby2

i don't do hot for hot's sake but i've grown and enjoyed some of the nastiest peppers. i like peppers with flavor. can't beat a late in the season red hab with a green node in it.

Cfickter

love hot sauce! sriracha is great then lets get hotter from there
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

ntanner

Love me some good chile but we think of chile a little different here in New Mexico  then the rest of the country.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

ebernabe

love the New Mexico cuisine. my favorite cookbooks are the ones with NM recipes.

Quotentanner - 2/17/2017  10:05 AM

Love me some good chile but we think of chile a little different here in New Mexico  then the rest of the country.

ntanner

Quoteebernabe - 2/17/2017  9:11 AM

love the New Mexico cuisine. my favorite cookbooks are the ones with NM recipes.

Quotentanner - 2/17/2017  10:05 AM

Ya, a fight will break out around here over Red or Green.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

ebernabe

so in New Mexico, if you are at a bar, there are three things you don't discuss, Red and Green, politics and religion.

Quotentanner - 2/17/2017  12:45

Ya, a fight will break out around here over Red or Green.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.