May Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by junglepete, 02/17/2017 09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by Gustoff (Justin)

The Cigar: Viaje Honey and Hand Grenades (HHG) Rapier (6.5 x 44)

The Hype - The Viaje Honey & Hand Grenades (HHG) cigar line had been in the works for two years before finally being showcased at the 2012 IPCPR Trade Show. The wait was well worth it. The cigars look amazing and are a guaranteed hit.

Viaje Founder Andre Farkas came up with the name for this cigar from the cigar's profile. The name describes a combination of sweetness and strength in the blend, that isn't necessarily a common combination. The cigar is a Nicaraguan puro using all Nicaraguan Aganorsa leaf tobacco, shrouded in a dark rich Nicaraguan Criollo wrapper. The Viaje Honey & Hand Grenades are a limited production, small batch release, created in three sizes, all in a Perfecto shape. The Honey and Hand Grenades come packaged in 25-count boxes.

The Reviewers:

Criteria:

1. Must not have done a review in March or April or are slated for one in the future. Must have contributed at least 5 database reviews. Must be a well established member.

2. Will accept one Newbie

Shipping Restrictions: Limited to US addresses.

1. nirab (Brian)
2. Kid Montana (Daniel)
3. Beegerply (Byron)
4. Deener27 (David)
5. jharrisx5 (Jason)

Due date: April 25, 2017

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

Thanks again to Justin for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :shooter:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

nirab

I've done one in February...I'd like to be put on the bench, and called in to review if you need a geek in crunchtime. :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Kid Montana

I'd rather have a cigar...

Beegerply

Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Deener27

I would love to be the noob on this one if possible.

Thanks for setting this up.  Looks like it might be a great one.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

ninfiction

I'm interested to see the results of this one. I've smoked a couple and can't make up my mind on it. I'll think you'll get 5 guys easy so I won't add my name.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

jharrisx5

Puff Puff Give....

Cfickter

Looks like you are getting a good crew of volunteers, looking forward to reading this one
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

junglepete

Okay gentlemen, you're in:

1. nirab (Brian)
2. Kid Montana (Daniel)
3. Beegerply (Byron)
4. Deener27 (David)
5. jharrisx5 (Jason)
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Gustoff

The reviewers look like a solid crew! I'll get these in the mail at soonest!
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

Deener27

Thanks everybody.  Looking forward to giving this my best.  And a special thanks to Gustoff and Junglepete for their efforts.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Beegerply

Can't wait for this one thanks for letting me play  :dancing:  :dancing:  :biggrin:
Byron

Gustoff

Glad to have you guys in on this one! I still haven't had one myself... they've been boxed up in the wineador in the for the last couple months just waiting!
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

Gustoff

Hoping to have them out this week.
 ~Ernest Hemingway

Beegerply

Nice to have some rest on them.  :biggrin:
Byron

jharrisx5

Did these ship? No rush, just want to make sure they didn't go missing...
Puff Puff Give....

nirab

I haven't seen em yet...but we have time... :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Kid Montana

Its getting kind of late, anybody know when these are going out to the reviewers?

Gustoff

~Ernest Hemingway

Kid Montana

Gustoff

Yeah. Sorry for the delay and for being so disconnected lately... baby is due in just over a month, so lots more prep... and work has me traveling all over the flipping place lately... but, all is great and fine in the world, and I'll have these beauties out to you fine gents Monday! Happy to be able to give a little back!
 ~Ernest Hemingway

Beegerply

Byron

Gustoff

Tracking #'s!!! Best part of the day when I knew I had a review coming up...
- nirab - 9505 5000 2902 7086 0001 61
- jharrisx5 - 9505 5000 2902 7086 0001 54
- Beegerply - 9505 5000 2902 7086 0001 47
- Deener27 - 9505 5000 2902 7086 0001 30
- Kid Montana - 9505 5000 2902 7086 0001 23
 ~Ernest Hemingway

Deener27

Got mine.  We are good to go.  

Really looking forward to this one.  

Thanks again for the shot to review.

QuoteGustoff - 3/27/2017  1:03 PM

Tracking #'s!!! Best part of the day when I knew I had a review coming up...
- nirab - 9505 5000 2902 7086 0001 61
- jharrisx5 - 9505 5000 2902 7086 0001 54
- Beegerply - 9505 5000 2902 7086 0001 47
- Deener27 - 9505 5000 2902 7086 0001 30
- Kid Montana - 9505 5000 2902 7086 0001 23

Beegerply

Got mine last night thanks for the extras very generous of you Justin.  :biggrin:
Byron

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.