Jumped on the CheapHumidor Scratch & Dent

Started by ninfiction, 02/17/2017 04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninfiction

Every so often Cheap Humidors does their scratch and dent sale. Total grab bag, you pick the size they send something. Ok cool. This time they were selling XXL floor model cabinets. I bit.

If you guys saw the daily mail thread StogieDad did the same thing and ended up with a gorgeous little cabinet...well I got the same one! Awesome right? Until I got it unboxed.

Not only is it missing the shelf inside..who would care at this price, but it's missing the drawer on top and the door! So I got a 3 sided useless shell. On top of that they closed already and I won't get to talk to them until Monday.

I just wanted something to put overflow boxes in and this would have been perfect...if it only had a fcking door. The deal is you're supposed to get a usable humidor and now I'm sure I'm double fcked because all they will do is refund my money and no deal for me.

Notice how all the hardware, door hinges, drawer slide, even the outlet in the back have been removed. My guess is for parts. Someone must have just put it back in the box and piled with their other Scratch & Dent, no notes that 3/4 of the thing is missing.

Rant over.

Tl:Dr - All i wanted was a usable cabinet, now I get nothing  :cry:
This is not the admin you're looking for...

toby2

wow! sorry man. that is a bummer for sure.

they won't negotiate anymore either. for me anyway. i need another case of bins but they would come off the single price. got a case price the last go. 

nirab

That is disappointing...but I've had good experiences with them in the past, and they were great to deal with when I bought my tower. I've got a feeling that you will be taken care of...the waiting is the hardest part...(that's what she said!).  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Kman

And you still had to take the shyte from the wife on VDay for getting another humidor.... that's worthless.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

appollo

That is way past the 2nds description.I have to agree with Brian that  they will take care of you. :-)

ntanner

They will fix you up I am sure. I have always had good experience with them.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Deener27

It looks like they parted that thing out and then resurrected it from the graveyard.

I am sure that they will take care of you.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

ninfiction

I'm sure they will take care of me. Very frustrating though.

McBryde

My guess is that they will send you another one, and check it before it comes to you, and tell you to do whatever you want with that one. Then you will probably end up with one that you can add a door to to make it a 2nd!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

ninfiction

QuoteMcBryde - 2/17/2017  6:47 PM

My guess is that they will send you another one, and check it before it comes to you, and tell you to do whatever you want with that one. Then you will probably end up with one that you can add a door to to make it a 2nd!

E

I'd be down with that for sure. Really just wanted a box to put boxes in, it doesn't have to be pretty.

McBryde

The only reason I say that is because they aren't going to want to pay shipping on something that they can't resell, so you may be in luck. I'd make sure that you let them know that it has no door, and no hinges on it, and send pics if need be!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Cfickter

hopefully they will make things right
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Brlesq

:-0 That is shocking! Definitely not a "useable" humidor.  But it certainly is a scratch and dent!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

tvolball

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Camshaft83

Sorry you got a less then usable humidor. Hope they make it right.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

shakinghorizons

That's more than scratch and dent - that's trashed and unusable!

ninfiction

Just wanted to update. Since the sale is over they don't have another humidor to send me, which I kind of figured would be the case. So I got a refund and I get to keep the shell they sent me. Now I'll have to figure out how to make a door for it. Really just wanted something to store boxes in so it may work out depending on my construction skills....

nirab

Quoteninfiction - 2/21/2017  12:16 PM

Just wanted to update. Since the sale is over they don't have another humidor to send me, which I kind of figured would be the case. So I got a refund and I get to keep the shell they sent me. Now I'll have to figure out how to make a door for it. Really just wanted something to store boxes in so it may work out depending on my construction skills....

Free is good. I have faith in your skills to turn this crap n dent into a glorious storage facility for many, many...MANY cigars!!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:  :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

DonM

Well if you calculate the cigars smoked and the beer and alcohol, some woodworking supplies.......more beer and cigars.........That might be a fun project that ends lasting forever! :bigthumbs:

"The Curmudgeon"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.