April Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by junglepete, 02/19/2017 02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by millarddj (Daniel)

The Cigar: 2017's first blind Geek Critique! The cigar in question is a mystery 7" x 38 lancero featuring an Arapiracan Maduro wrapper, which will arrive unbanded.

The Hype: None yet.

Due Date: March 25, 2017

The Reviewers: Veteran status or higher. Prefer no participants from Feb/March/May Geek Critiques in order to offer newcomers a chance, but all comers considered. Canadian geeks welcome.

1. shakinghorizons (Colin)
2. biggsy16 (Rich)
3. quickme (Nick)
4. appollo (Stephen)
5. Vroomp (Brad)

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

Thanks again to Daniel for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :cigarman:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

shakinghorizons

I'm in if you'll have me!

biggsy16

Looks interesting, if needed I am in.
Thanks either way ,Rich
Never done being a Dad

quickme

Love me a nice lancero!  If you'll have me I would love to be a part of this.

bstessl

If you dont get any newcomers, Id love to do a blind...  I participated in February though...  So please use me as a last resort
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

appollo

Daniel ,your getting all the Canucks.If you get stuck for someone count me in. :-)

millarddj

Should rename this the GWN Geek Critique! :lmao:

Colin, Rich, Nick, and Stephen, y'all are in. I'm shooting the moon. :lmao:
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

appollo

Thanks for including me in the review Daniel.

millarddj

You're welcome Stephen. Always a pleasure to deal with my honorary Minnesotans!

Need just one more!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

quickme

Vroomp

If that spot is still open, I would be willing to suffer through reviewing this cigar...... :biggrin:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

millarddj

Excellent. I will try to get these out by the end of the week, which should hopefully give even the Canadians plenty of time to evaluate.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

shakinghorizons

millarddj

Ok fellas, your sticks are in the mail. Tracking/customs numbers as follows:

Nick - LH011361359US
Stephen - LH011362368US
Rich - LH011363111US (Stephen and Rich's MAY be mixed around, but I think they're right. PO doesn't reflect specific addresses on international customs tracking numbers)
Colin - 9505 5161 7231 7056 1092 94
Brad - 9505 5161 7231 7056 1093 00

Post office estimates delivery Monday for Brad and Colin, and (they claim) next Friday for the canucks.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

Vroomp

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

Vroomp

Cigar arrived yesterday along with a few friends~!  Thanks Daniel~!!!!!

biggsy16

Daniel,
The review stick arrived today along with some hitchhikers, humbled by your generosity
Never done being a Dad

appollo

Received my sticks yesterday along with several friends.Thanks Daniel. :-)

millarddj

You're all very welcome, thanks for taking my critique. Very, very interested to see what this turns up and see how it compares to my opinion. I may toast one of these while reading through the reviews.  :thumbsup:
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

millarddj

Hey gents, just a reminder that we'd like to have these in within the next week (by 3/25 if possible).

Correct me if I'm wrong Pete, but I believe the process for the mystery review is simply to assign the review to any cigar, and he'll re-assign once we reveal and post the critiques?
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

05Venturer

Quotemillarddj - 3/19/2017  9:00 AM

Hey gents, just a reminder that we'd like to have these in within the next week (by 3/25 if possible).

Correct me if I'm wrong Pete, but I believe the process for the mystery review is simply to assign the review to any cigar, and he'll re-assign once we reveal and post the critiques?

A cool little twist would be for the reviewers to post it up under what cigar they "think" they were smoking. Would be kinda interesting
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

millarddj

Quote05Venturer - 3/19/2017  12:56 PM

Quotemillarddj - 3/19/2017  9:00 AM

A cool little twist would be for the reviewers to post it up under what cigar they "think" they were smoking. Would be kinda interesting

Let's do it. Free fiver to anyone who gets it right!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

appollo

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.