The Cigar Vault - Back Patio Action Shots!!

Started by nirab, 02/19/2017 05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nirab

There is a lot of work to be done, but wanted to share some of the progress going on at The Cigar Vault. Smoke eaters, air conditioning, wifi, electrical...and more electrical, taps, coolers and restroom work just about complete. Interior paint done, floors getting redone this week. The big one, the humidor work, will begin sometime next week. We are aiming to open up sometime in late March, first of April. Thanks to all the geeks offering advice and guidance, its all much appreciated. I'll post up more pics once we make progress. Namaste y'all!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:  :cigarman:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Cfickter

Really nice, the vault is a nice hook you can easily promote
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

biggsy16

Never done being a Dad

Brlesq

Is that side yard a place that you can use for outdoor seating?
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

appollo

Coming along nicely Brian.Looking good. :thumbsup:

1029henry

"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

headfirst

Wow, love that you have your own building, very cool setup!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

nirab

QuoteBrlesq - 2/19/2017  9:29 PM

Is that side yard a place that you can use for outdoor seating?

Bruce, we may be able to use that spot, still working on that, as the donut shop that is next to us closes around noon-1pm. We will have a really nice patio set up out back behind the building. I'll post up some pics of that area this week. It was a little muddy back there yesterday, so I didn't head back there. It's not much to look at yet, as it has been torn up to replace plumbing and electrical. But...it will be awesome!!   :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

sar127

Looks great Brian, good luck with the new venture!
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

nirab

Quotesar127 - 2/20/2017  10:46 AM

Looks great Brian, good luck with the new venture!

Thank YOU brother Rob!! And good luck on your new path as well... :biggrin:  :angel:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Cfickter

So here is a thought for your grand opening that will tie in the safe and vault.

So the assumption is that you know the combination of the safe.  If you don't then this plan is fck'd from the beginning, but assuming you do
First pull together some cigars and swag (but no Carlos Torano the Vault cigars, they are crap).  Then place all that in the safe, close and lock.  You can tease people with what might be in there but I wouldn't give them the details

You create, lets say, 100 safe combinations, 99 are fake, 1 is real.  Each is placed in a small envelope and those envelopes are in a container of some kind, a box, a jar or pinned to a board.  But use small envelopes with just small strips of paper with the combinations on them.  Easier to manage.
Then you decide that for each customer who buys something, they get to pick an envelope with a combination in it and try opening the safe.  Pick the right one, you win the contents.  

Now depending on how you want to give out the combinations and the amount of foot traffic you may need to adjust the number you create.  Just make sure you tell them once the combinations are gone then they are gone, once the safe is opened the contest is done.  Maybe if they don't pick the winning combination you give them a prize.  Like 10% off their next purchase (creates repeat traffic) or some cheap cutter with the B&M logo/name

Suggestions or a couple of examples, using cigars or $ spent.
   By 3 cigars get 1 envelope
   By 5 cigars get 2
   Buy a box get?
   Spend $25 get 1 one envelope
   Spend $50 get 3
   Spend 100 get ?...

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

amigodecigars

Nice.  The "Vault"....kinda looks like a bank that Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid would rob.   :dancing:
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

nirab

QuoteCfickter - 2/20/2017  6:05 PM

So here is a thought for your grand opening that will tie in the safe and vault.

So the assumption is that you know the combination of the safe.  If you don't then this plan is fck'd from the beginning, but assuming you do
First pull together some cigars and swag (but no Carlos Torano the Vault cigars, they are crap).  Then place all that in the safe, close and lock.  You can tease people with what might be in there but I wouldn't give them the details

You create, lets say, 100 safe combinations, 99 are fake, 1 is real.  Each is placed in a small envelope and those envelopes are in a container of some kind, a box, a jar or pinned to a board.  But use small envelopes with just small strips of paper with the combinations on them.  Easier to manage.
Then you decide that for each customer who buys something, they get to pick an envelope with a combination in it and try opening the safe.  Pick the right one, you win the contents.  

Now depending on how you want to give out the combinations and the amount of foot traffic you may need to adjust the number you create.  Just make sure you tell them once the combinations are gone then they are gone, once the safe is opened the contest is done.  Maybe if they don't pick the winning combination you give them a prize.  Like 10% off their next purchase (creates repeat traffic) or some cheap cutter with the B&M logo/name

Suggestions or a couple of examples, using cigars or $ spent.
   By 3 cigars get 1 envelope
   By 5 cigars get 2
   Buy a box get?
   Spend $25 get 1 one envelope
   Spend $50 get 3
   Spend 100 get ?...

I'm diggin' this one Chuck!!! Thanks!!!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Cfickter

Call it the "Great Bank Robbery". Use an old western wanted poster. I can help with graphics

raize

progressing nicely. can't wait to see how everything turns out
An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=raize

nirab

QuoteCfickter - 2/20/2017  8:16 PM

Call it the "Great Bank Robbery". Use an old western wanted poster. I can help with graphics

Let's discuss this on a herf!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Cfickter

Quotenirab - 2/20/2017  10:08 PM  
QuoteCfickter - 2/20/2017  8:16 PM  Call it the "Great Bank Robbery". Use an old western wanted poster. I can help with graphics
Let's discuss this on a herf!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

Anytime, just let me know!
Dang, do we have to have a cigar also?

Beegerply

Wow looking nice things are coming together  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Kman

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

ebernabe

looks nice, I see lots of potential.

appollo

nirab

TV's went up last night, going to begin humidor work this week. New pics later this week.  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

johncw

Looks really cool. Looks like a lot of fun to be a part of.

ninfiction

Coming along very nicely. I'm really interested to see how the humidor turns out. There's a shop I visit that is also an old bank (Kent and I have disused the mold issues many times) they use the vault as a humidor too. They added a glass door in addition to the original vault door, seems to work pretty well...it's the only one of the 3 walk-in humidors that doesn't stink of mold and mildew and they keep most of the good stuff in there.

It's possible the glass door was actual part of the original vault set up. I'll try to grab some pics, heading there today actually.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.