Friendship 7.... "take me to your leader"

Started by amigodecigars, 02/20/2017 08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amigodecigars

CAN'T SMOKE IN SPACE, BUT.....On this day in 1962, John Glenn became the first American to orbit the earth—circling the globe three times over the course of almost five hours. His space capsuleFriendship 7 landed safely in the Atlantic Ocean some 800 miles from Bermuda’s coast, though as a precautionary measure he had carried a note that read, in several languages, “I am a stranger. I come in peace. Take me to your leader and there will be a massive reward for you in eternity.” In 1998, Glenn again made history by becoming the oldest person to fly in space as a crew member of the Discovery space shuttle. Of that first flight, Glenn had few words: “I don’t know what you could say about a day in which you have seen four beautiful sunsets.” Glenn died this past December at the age of 95.
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

Deener27

Think about this also: You now have more computing power in your smartphone then they had for this launch (but yet, we are seemingly getting dumber).

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

nirab

QuoteDeener27 - 2/20/2017  10:27 AM

Think about this also: You now have more computing power in your smartphone then they had for this launch (but yet, we are seemingly getting dumber).

De-evolution through regression... :-(
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.