Howdy!!!

Started by Blackrabbit, 02/21/2017 09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackrabbit

I got into cigars a couple months ago and have become a bit obsessed.  I used to bum cigarettes when out and about with buddies.  While enjoying nicotine I never liked the taste or inhaling the smoke.  I went to Mexico on a family  vacation last year and went into a delicious smelling cigar shop with my brother and bought a little guy at random.  It was a mild tasty smoke and even my Mom told me it smelled good.  I bought a couple more of them and brought them back to the States and enjoyed smoking them.  Then I randomly came across a cigar catalog that someone was recycling at work and began watching reviews on youtube about interesting ones.  I then bought a bunch of samplers and have been trying a new cigar almost every day and trying to learn as much as I can about this awesome hobby.  I have a coolidor set up and have been enjoying stocking it and trying new sticks.
Today is going to be a great day!

Cfickter

Andrew, welcome to CG from Pittsburgh.
You thought you had a habit before, just wait.  Plan on a few more humidors or least least one much larger one!  Plan on telling the wife the box that just arrived is new socks you ordered.  Watch out for Geek brlesq, he is the chief enabler here.  You can either try to fight the urge or become just like the rest of us and drink the Koolaide!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

benchjockey

Welcome aboard from South Florida, Andrew.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

appollo

:welcome: From Nova Scotia.Great bunch of geeks here,but way to many enablers  :-) Whatever you have for storage won't be big enough. :biggrin:

headfirst

Welcome from LA!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

nirab

Welcome from beeuudaful Buda, Texas!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
You might want to include your address in your profile...just in case... :shy:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Blackrabbit

Thank you gentlemen for the kind welcomes.  I just got back from a nice dog walk into down to town to do some errands and tried a little  Cohiba La Republica Dominica that I got in a sampler.  It was the petite robusto size.  It made the walk is some beautiful springlike weather even more enjoyable, and was a tasty smooth smoke.  We have nice natural spring water in town here that is freely available at fountains throughout the town.  It has some natural effervescence and is a great thing to drink while puffing as it seems to keep the palate fresh and complements the cigar flavors.

Beegerply

Welcome from Moline Illinois, home of John Deere.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Gustoff

Welcome! From VA.
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

amigodecigars

Welcome from Tropical Costa Rica.  Pura Vida Mae
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

Kman

Welcome from PA!!
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Blackrabbit

Quoteamigodecigars - 2/21/2017  1:55 PM

Welcome from Tropical Costa Rica.  Pura Vida Mae

I spent a summer in Costa Rica when I was a young man working at Hacienda Baru a beautiful wildlife refuge.  It was sublimely awesome.  Have you had any of the Dignity cigars?  I like that they are all organic but there is not a lot of info I have found on them and some reviews I saw were uninspiring.  Pura Vida!

ebernabe

welcome from Missouri

Jackal

:welcome: to the club.

If you have any problem finding info in our database, or see anything there that looks off, let me know.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Deener27

Welcome from the greater Chicago area.  Welcome to CG.  You will find it entertaining and informative...most of the time.   :lmao:

But seriously, welcome and enjoy everything there is to offer here.  You will learn a lot.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Blackrabbit

QuoteJackal - 2/21/2017  4:05 PM

:welcome: to the club.

If you have any problem finding info in our database, or see anything there that looks off, let me know.

That is how I found this place.  I was looking up info on a cigar and came to a page here that required registration.  Then I realized it was an awesome community forum.  It seems there are a lot of high caliber, wise people here.  I will definitely keep reading and learning.  Thanks!

toby2

ninfiction

Welcome to the group Andrew!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

05Venturer

Welcome from NW WI brother.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

DonM

Welcome from the Sunshine State!

Now we are never enablers around here, but you need to go to www.flatbedcigarcompany,com and try some of their cigars for sure!  Try40 gets you 40% off but don't wait, that isn't gonna last long

I am partial to the Panacea Green :biggrin:

"The Curmudgeon"

Blackrabbit

trying to resist.........but I keep looking at there site.  I do like a good IPA and it does say the green goes well with them.....well I do have some assets I could sell.

tjm0831

Welcome from NOLA!
 :welcome:

Blackrabbit

QuoteCfickter - 2/21/2017  9:53 AM

Andrew, welcome to CG from Pittsburgh.
You thought you had a habit before, just wait.  Plan on a few more humidors or least least one much larger one!  Plan on telling the wife the box that just arrived is new socks you ordered.  Watch out for Geek brlesq, he is the chief enabler here.  You can either try to fight the urge or become just like the rest of us and drink the Koolaide!

Yeah, I just got a jaridor and a tupperdor as well.  I also foolishly went on cbid last week so when that load shows up I may have to expand.  I may buy a small wine fridge that I saw on craigslist because my house gets hot in the summer and I don't want to put everything away in the bunker.  Then I could keep all the favorites in there and throw the other containers in the harder to access cool spots.

junglepete

Welcome to the site...enjoy!  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.