Greetings from Salutations from Southern Soil ??

Started by So Many Sticks, 02/23/2017 11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So Many Sticks

Hello Ladies and Gentleman, I have been enjoying cigars for almost 10 years now but lately have felt like something is missing. I would go five or six times a week to my local B&M and share a cigars time worth of laughs and conversation with others who had a passion for the leaf such as myself. Problem is my local B&M shut down about 6 months ago due to the owners health problems and with it went my enjoyment of smoking cigars. At first I thought that I had come to a point in my life where the leaf had lost its luster but I eventually realized that I had not fallen out of love with cigars, as much as I was simply missing the fellowship of others who enjoyed cigars as much as I do. That brings me to here where I hope to find that fellowship that has been missing from my cigar time for the past 6 months. I look forward to enjoying many days and nights ahead with you guys and girls,who like myself,have made cigar smoking more than a hobby and more like a way of life. I hope I can enhance your enjoyment of the leaf as much as I believe this forum will enhance mine! Cheers ??
The field mouse is fast but the owl sees at night..... ( Grandpa Chip, Talladega Nights)

StogieDad

Nice to have you join us!  Where ya from?
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

ninfiction

Welcome! You'll want to figure out how to use Google Hangouts, most nights there are anywhere from 3-10 guys video herfing. Typically between 7-9pm central has the most activity.

Other than that, there are always a couple box passes going on and of course the forums here.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

nirab

Welcome from beeuudaful Buda, Texas!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

So Many Sticks

StogieDad, I'm from the State of Mississippi where the lands so flat you can watch your dog run away for two weeks and Ninfiction, I appreciate the tips and I'll definitely figure out the video herfing ASAP.! Thanks for warm welcome guys !
The field mouse is fast but the owl sees at night..... ( Grandpa Chip, Talladega Nights)

Cfickter

Welcome from Pittsburgh,  ninfiction is right. Get a Google Hangouts app or set up and join us. Watch for posts of one starting up or just go to the link under the events forum at the top of the page
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Jackal

:welcome:  from Sunny Southern California  :bright:

The virtual herfs (google hangouts) are a great way to enjoy a fine cigar.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

appollo

:welcome: From Nova Scotia.Glad to have you aboard.

vw77guy

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Kman

Welcome from PA!! And I also would reiterate what Chuck (CFickter) and Brian (ninfiction) said about the Google Hangout Herfs. It's a great way to have a cigar with others across the country from the comfort of your own home. As was mentioned, you can usually find someone herfing almost any night of the week. Come check it out.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Kman

Information on the typical Hangouts link we use is here:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=31478.0

If we have to use a different link for some reason, someone will post a thread with that night's link information.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

biggsy16

Never done being a Dad

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

toby2

05Venturer

Welcome from NW WI
Hope to see you on a "Google Herf" one of these nights
Tonight perhaps  :shy:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

jagfandaddy

"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

Beegerply

Welcome from Moline Illinois, home of John Deere.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Brlesq

QuoteCfickter - 2/23/2017  12:28 PM

Welcome from Pittsburgh,  ninfiction is right. Get a Google Hangouts app or set up and join us. Watch for posts of one starting up or just go to the link under the events forum at the top of the page

^^What he said.  New members are always welcome on a virtual herf!  

Glad to have you join our community

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Gustoff

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

SenorPablo

Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

freakydeakydutchman

"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

runewolf

--// Signature space for rent \\--

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.