How to prep your humidor?

Started by Seitz55, 02/23/2017 01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seitz55

My humidor came in the mail today and I am not sure on how to prep it. I would appreciate any help, thank you.

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Seitz55

I'll take a look at the link thank you

nirab

You are very welcome. There is a lot of info out there, and I'm sure you'll get some responses later today from other geeks.  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Cfickter

If you like, PM me your address.  I have a few humidification wipes I can send you
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

calvarez

Everyone will say this is wrong.  It probably is.  I've prepped a couple dozen humidors, either for myself or when I build some for friends in my wood shop.  I wipe the hell out of the inside with RO water on a paper towel, close, and set aside.  A few hours later, repeat.  Next day, repeat in the morning and evening.  When that is absorbed on the third day, I put the cigars in.

I've always had them stay at the right humidity right after that.

It's wrong, yet works.
Carlos Alvarez, Peoria, AZ

"I've learned that the taboo subjects -- religion, politics,
philosophy -- can be safely discussed in polite company
when you're holding a fine cigar and a scotch."
  -- Me

nirab

Quotecalvarez - 2/27/2017  9:33 PM

Everyone will say this is wrong.  It probably is.  I've prepped a couple dozen humidors, either for myself or when I build some for friends in my wood shop.  I wipe the hell out of the inside with RO water on a paper towel, close, and set aside.  A few hours later, repeat.  Next day, repeat in the morning and evening.  When that is absorbed on the third day, I put the cigars in.

It's wrong, yet works.

I believe you believe it's right...so now you can't claim everyone says it's wrong...raining on your parade now brother!!  :biggrin:  :angel:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Brlesq

Quotecalvarez - 2/27/2017  8:33 PM

It's wrong, yet works.

I'm with Carlos on this . . . just don't soak it. Damp, but no puddles!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

calvarez

Oh yeah, leave the damp paper towel in here for about a day. After squeezing out excess water.

-- Me

calvarez

Quotenirab - 2/27/2017  5:51 PM

It's wrong, yet works.

I believe you believe it's right...so now you can't claim everyone says it's wrong...raining on your parade now brother!!  :biggrin:  :angel:

LOL, but I know what an a-hole I am, so you can't make me believe me.

-- Me

nirab

Quotecalvarez - 2/27/2017  10:41 PM

It's wrong, yet works.

well, believe you me, I believe you, and you believe me, so you can't help but believe you...me!  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Vroomp

Quotenirab - 2/28/2017  9:47 AM  
Quotecalvarez - 2/27/2017  10:41 PM  
Quotecalvarez - 2/27/2017  9:33 PM  Everyone will say this is wrong.  It probably is.  I've prepped a couple dozen humidors, either for myself or when I build some for friends in my wood shop.  I wipe the hell out of the inside with RO water on a paper towel, close, and set aside.  A few hours later, repeat.  Next day, repeat in the morning and evening.  When that is absorbed on the third day, I put the cigars in.  I've always had them stay at the right humidity right after that.  It's wrong, yet works.
well, believe you me, I believe you, and you believe me, so you can't help but believe you...me!  :biggrin:

:confused:   Now my head hurts~!

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

calvarez

QuoteVroomp - 2/28/2017  10:01 AM

His post gave me cancer.

-- Me

nirab

Quotecalvarez - 2/28/2017  2:03 PM

QuoteVroomp - 2/28/2017  10:01 AM

His post gave me cancer.

you poor nannies!  :biggrin:  :lmao:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Seitz55

Thanks for all the advice. I am now ready to start adding cigars.??

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.