Wanted to say Hello

Started by MarionPig4, 12/31/2007 04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarionPig4

First of all:  Thanks for letting me join the forum.

I have been smoking cigars for approx 25 years.  My platoon sergeant introduced them to me back in 1982.  He used to always walk around with one in his mouth.  He said that when he felt like cussing he would chomp on it till the urge went away.  He finally gave me one on a filed training exercise and I've been hooked ever since (after the initial dizziness subsided).

I won't lie to you guys and tell you that I am a coinsurer because I am far from it.  But I have ALWAYS had a stash in my ruck sack. Usually they were of the FIVE STAR brand of something similar.  You know  something I could enjoy in the field, but could throw away if needed.  I have littered the jungles of Panama, mountains of A'stan and the deserts of Iraq with my cigar ashes and butts.

I usually go down to the local cigar shop and get his recommendations.  Buy a few and head on back to the quarters and enjoy....and man do I enjoy a good cigar.

Well once again, thanks for letting me join.

Turboknat

Welcome to the site.  Sounds like we sample cigars in alot of the same ways, as in what does the local cigar shop recommend.  I have, however, paid attention to some of the recommendations I have found on here, and I do have a list.  In my opinion, you don't need to be a connosier of cigars to post here, just a fan.  There is a wealth of info on here, and some mighty good input from the members.  So I hope you visit alot, and look forward to reading your post, and checking out your reviews as you post them.

ljlemer

QuoteMarionPig4 - 12/31/2007  5:25 PM

I usually go down to the local cigar shop and get his recommendations.

With our cigar recommendations and online cigar shop recommendations, you'll save a bundle! Welcome!
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

NewGuy

Hey Marion

Welcome aboard! Glad you found us.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

tnt956

theoldcc

Welcome Marion!  Thanks for all your hard work in the field!

*P
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

SenorPablo

Welcome Marion!  Glad to have you here!

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Sticks

Welcome to you sir. It sounds like you have a lot to share with us and I for one am looking forward to some great reviews and some stories tossed in too if you care to share some with us.

mhuss

Welcome to the site, Marion!  In addition to recommendations from your local retailer, you'll definitely get a lot more here, as well.  You should have no problem turning yourself into a connoisseur by sticking around here for a while!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.