Official 2017 NCAA Tournament Bracket Competition (Congrats Caveman Steve!)

Started by mike.casey, 03/13/2017 08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike.casey

This will be the 6th annual NCAA tourney competition here on CG!!!

I want to say a big thanks to Caveman Steve for running the 5th annual in my absence. It is much appreciated!

THE RULES

1) Please post in this thread when you join the competition

2) You must have a feedback score of greater than 0 to play OR a geek in good standing to vouch for you. 

3) By filling out a bracket you are pledging 5 cigars with a total value of at least $25.

4) At the end of the NCAA tournament everyone in the contest will send their entry 5er to the winner, and the winner will send the second place winner a 5er. 

5) USE YOUR GEEK HANDLE WHEN YOU NAME YOUR BRACKET (If I cannot identify the geek that created the bracket before the tournament starts I will have to delete the entry)

6) You must have your bracket completed by the start of the first game on Thursday, March 16th. 

HOW TO PLAY

1) GO TO: http://games.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2017/en/group?invitesource=email&groupID=94758&inviteuser=ezIyODg4NTBGLTM2NkMtNDI4RC1CRUUzLTQ5RUZDQjgxQjQ2Q30%3D&ex_cid=tcmen2017_email&redirect=tcmen%3A%2F%2Fx-callback-url%2FshowGroup%3FgroupID%3D94758&groupp=Y2lnYXJnZWVrczE3

[Group Name: Cigar Geeks] 

2) Click [Create a Bracket Now!]

3) Create an ESPN login if you do not have one

4) Enter the password: cigargeeks17

5) Name your bracket with your Cigar Geeks user name

6) Fill out your bracket, and have fun watching the Madness!

Any questions? Ask away...

Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

StogieDad

Hey brother, the link takes me to the front page to search groups.  What is our group name?  I see the pw, just need the group name.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

mike.casey

QuoteStogieDad - 3/13/2017  11:45 AM

Hey brother, the link takes me to the front page to search groups.  What is our group name?  I see the pw, just need the group name.

Cigar Geeks

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

05Venturer

I'm in
Filled my bracket out yesterday in anticipation of this starting.

Thank Mike
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nirab

I'm in...I think...I guessed...so I'm kinda in... :biggrin:  :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Beegerply

If I did everything right I'm in let the games begin  :dancing:  :dancing:  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

clami

I'm in!!  Now the problem - fill it out with my head or my heart.

johncw

headfirst

Quoteclami - 3/13/2017  12:14 PM

I know the feeling!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

johncw

Quoteheadfirst - 3/13/2017  3:51 PM

Quoteclami - 3/13/2017  12:14 PM

I know the feeling!

I use a coin  :biggrin:

mike.casey

Last time I ran the contest (2015) the winner got 100+ smokes.

Look at pages 4 and 5 of this thread for the carnage: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=32179.0

I'm sure 2016 was just as good, and hopefully this year will be even better!!!

Ron White

ninfiction

Quotemike.casey - 3/13/2017  4:00 PM

Last time I ran the contest (2015) the winner got 100+ smokes.

Look at pages 4 and 5 of this thread for the carnage: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=32179.0

I'm sure 2016 was just as good, and hopefully this year will be even better!!!

I'm still smoking some of those sticks  :-0

I'm in!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Caveman Steve

Thanks Mike for taking back the reins!  I've been a bit pressed for time of late and haven't been around much.  Good to see you back in the saddle.  I'll play.  looking forward to it!

:biggrin:  

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

mike.casey

QuoteCaveman Steve - 3/13/2017  10:14 PM

Thanks Mike for taking back the reins!  I've been a bit pressed for time of late and haven't been around much.  Good to see you back in the saddle.  I'll play.  looking forward to it!

:biggrin:  

:dancing:

Thanks again for last year Steve!

Ron White

IndyGopher

Thanks for doing this!  I told my brother (Penguin) I sadly only  find time to jump on Geeks a handful of times a year -- and one is for the NCAA Tournament contest!  Guess I've got too many cigars and feel the need to give some away every year, lol!

mike.casey

Right on! So far if everyone that responded to this thread fills out a bracket the winner will receive 50+ smokes! That really makes the games interesting.

Ron White

BewareDaPenguin

I'm planning on doing it but my life is a little crazy right now...but I hope to get a bracket filled out...Thanks Mike
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

mike.casey

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 3/15/2017  5:10 AM

I'm planning on doing it but my life is a little crazy right now...but I hope to get a bracket filled out...Thanks Mike

Right on. If you like to live dangerously you can use the auto-fill option. ESPN will populate your bracket randomly, but weighted by your choice of seed, power ranking, etc. I actually ran through about 5 auto-fill picks just to see what it would do. I settled on one and then made some strategic changes. It only took about 3 minutes, LOL.

I used to take this a lot more seriously  :lmao:

Ron White

nwb

I'll play!  Thanks for coordinating Mike!
Chief of Shaft

BewareDaPenguin

Ok I think I'm in...:smoker: the 5min bracket lol...I'll most likely be donating! :biggrin:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

mike.casey

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 3/16/2017  9:48 AM

Ok I think I'm in...:smoker: the 5min bracket lol...I'll most likely be donating! :biggrin:

Good deal! Only a couple hours left until the madness begins! :cheer:

Ron White

Kman

Made it in under the wire. First bracket I've done in a few years.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

StogieDad

-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.