Using Search In the Database

Started by petec, 04/04/2017 01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petec

I am just starting out as a cigar smoker.

I know nothing!!!!

But I want to learn a little about specific cigars and can't seem to find them in the database given the search tools I am trying.

For example, someone recommended a Rocky Patel Corona Maduro.

I would like to find out as much as I can about it.  Things like Strength, Length, Flavors, etc.

Well, I think I can search for Rocky Patel and get many pages of results of all Rocky Patel.
Or I can search for Corona Maduro and get many pages of results of all brands.

Is there a way I can search for "Rocky Patel Bros Corona Maduro"

Sorry for acting out my newbe status.
I'm not going to live long enough to do all I want to do.

nwb

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigars;area=showcig;cigar_id=29622&t=Rocky_Patel_Patel_Brothers_Corona

It can take some digging, especially with the brands that have a lot of different lines.  You could have tried "brothers", "bros", etc. and then looked through the list to see if there was any Rocky Patel.
Chief of Shaft

Cfickter

First, may I suggest stopping over to the Newbies Intro forum and tells us a bit more about yourself

As for the search function, it may be the name of the cigar itself. I used the advanced search and put in "corona maduro" in the keyword search.  the only RPs returned were.
Rocky Patel Cuban Blend Double Corona Maduro   
Rocky Patel R4 Double Corona Maduro
Rocky Patel is always bringing out new cigars, hard to keep up

That being said the cigar you are looking for is listed in the DB as "Rocky Patel Patel Brothers Corona"   The wrapper isn't always part of the name
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

petec

Got it thanks.

At least I wasn't missing something when using the search method.

Pete

petec

QuoteCfickter - 4/4/2017  3:44 PM

First, may I suggest stopping over to the Newbies Intro forum and tells us a bit more about yourself

Done.

QuoteAs for the search function, it may be the name of the cigar itself. I used the advanced search and put in "corona maduro" in the keyword search.  the only RPs returned were.
Rocky Patel Cuban Blend Double Corona Maduro   
Rocky Patel R4 Double Corona Maduro
Rocky Patel is always bringing out new cigars, hard to keep up

That being said the cigar you are looking for is listed in the DB as "Rocky Patel Patel Brothers Corona"   The wrapper isn't always part of the name

Well you taught me something.  Maduro is a color of wrapper.  Sometimes I'm slow.  Ask my wife.

Thanks,
Pete

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.