Newb

Started by Fiveby42, 04/27/2017 12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiveby42

Hey!  New guy here.  Texan.  Old.  Experienced BOTL.  Ex-member of Cigar Utopia, a cool cigar chat board that died a slow death-by-neglect after the advent of Facebook.  I've missed talking about cigars, missed the camaraderie of fellow smokers and missed the feeling of knowing what's going on inside the world of cigars.  This looks like a place where I might feel a good fit, like the old CU was for me.  Look forward to getting to know some of y'all better. :smoker2:  :cigarguy:
I was not born to suffer a master--John Randolph of Roanoke

headfirst

Welcome, glad to have you!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

StogieDad

Welcome, you found the right place!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

shakinghorizons

Welcome! Take a look around and feel free to ask questions.

amigodecigars

Howdy David from Texas.  Check out the new lounge in Buda, Tx., The Cigar Vault.
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

Deener27

Welcome and glad to have you.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Brlesq

Glad to have you join us!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

prican_2000

Welcome from Southern MD!

I was trying to find a Meme with the scene from Full Metal Jacket: Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy!
But Stupid work Firewall wont allow me.

Enjoy your Stay!
A United States Marine:
No Better Friend, No Worst Enemy!

freakydeakydutchman

Welcome From a guy in Canada
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

jagfandaddy

Welcome from N. Florida!
"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

benchjockey

Welcome aboard from South Florida.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Vroomp

:welcome: to the site~! :smoker:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Jackal

Welcome to the party.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

ninfiction

Welcome to the group Newb...
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Beegerply

Welcome from Moline Illinois home of John Deere, enjoy the site.   :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Rebecca Silverwolf

Greetings and salutations!
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Gustoff

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

Fiveby42

Thanks all for the welcome!
I was not born to suffer a master--John Randolph of Roanoke

05Venturer

:welcome:  from NW Wisconsin brother
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

bstessl

Welcome from NW Indiana!  You found the right place!  Check out a google herf if you would like to join in with the curmudgeons of the group.  What kind of cigars are in your wheelhouse?
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Camshaft83

Welcome from Utah!
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

toby2

SenorPablo

Welcome to CG!

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

nirab

Welcome from beeuudaful Buda, Texas!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

MacMac

Welcome to the CG Community!
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.