Stupid Questions...

Started by M82, 05/07/2017 12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M82

Wouldn't it be crazy if some noob was asking what a HERF was... I mean omg that would be ridiculous.  That would be like somebody saying "hey what does ISOM mean .. hahah,  crazy times.
OK maybe we ought just answer those things right here in this thread to save somebody the embarrassment ! HAHAH noobs..
Go ahead someone. Lay it out there for "them"..  :shy:

jagfandaddy

ISOM.....Island South of Miami(Cuba in other words).  HERF...an online chat of cigar geeks. Anything else, just ask! That's what were all here for!
"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

M82

Quotejagfandaddy - 5/7/2017  1:47 PM

ISOM.....Island South of Miami(Cuba in other words).  HERF...an online chat of cigar geeks. Anything else, just ask! That's what were all here for!

Great -- Haha
Thank you !

ninfiction

Most of the time HERF here refers to the online Google video chat, but it also refers to anytime more than 1 person gets together to smoke cigars. Cigar fests are giant herfs, Going to a B&M/lounge and hanging out smoking is a herf.

I second the thought that we're all here for each other and no question is stupid. This is a great hobby that we all love and love to share.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

jagfandaddy

The online HERF is a great way to meet geeks face to face. I have asked a few cigar questions and everyone on there has a great deal of knowledge. Come join us sometime. Most of the time we're on at night, but not always. Follow  this link ====> https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/g7msewchbgkjnnbt6x2kjljyjea
"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

Cap10_Morgan

Like ninfiction said, herf isn't just a CigarGeeks term, but applies to any social smoking of cigars.  I guess that's why they call the small cases that carry like 5 cigars "Herf-a-dors" since it carries just enough for you and a few buddies.  I just wanted to ask if anyone out there has had better luck finding the origin of this word?  I can't find anything!  (I had to look it up when I first started)
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

M82

Quotejagfandaddy - 5/7/2017  2:09 PM

The online HERF is a great way to meet geeks face to face. I have asked a few cigar questions and everyone on there has a great deal of knowledge. Come join us sometime. Most of the time we're on at night, but not always. Follow  this link ====> https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/g7msewchbgkjnnbt6x2kjljyjea

I downloaded the files my computer needed and have that ready to go - Hopefully Ill catch up with you guys sometime !
 Thank you again

How about the badges ?

McBryde

Badges are awarded for doing mostly stupid stuff, LOL. Like herfing when it is freaking too cold to be smoking outside. Or other stuff!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

jagfandaddy

QuoteM82 - 5/7/2017  6:13 PM

Quotejagfandaddy - 5/7/2017  2:09 PM

I downloaded the files my computer needed and have that ready to go - Hopefully Ill catch up with you guys sometime !
 Thank you again

How about the badges ?

Anytime!!
 George Burns

ninfiction

Badges - If you click on the "Badges" link above the badges under anyone's name you can see the requirements for the badges. The badges will automatically appear when you hit the requirements.

Several of the badges are earned by adding stuff to the database, new cigars, photos, reviews etc
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Cap10_Morgan

Quoteninfiction - 5/7/2017  7:13 PM

Badges - If you click on the "Badges" link above the badges under anyone's name you can see the requirements for the badges. The badges will automatically appear when you hit the requirements.

Several of the badges are earned by adding stuff to the database, new cigars, photos, reviews etc

Thanks, I hadn't figured that part out yet.  Just hovered over badges as I saw them.
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Cap10_Morgan

QuoteCfickter - 5/7/2017  7:41 PM

Great way to ask  :biggrin:

:confused:
lol

MacMac

No stupid questions! This is a great place to learn about cigars and all the nuances of smoking them.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Brlesq

QuoteMcBryde - 5/7/2017  6:44 PM

Badges are awarded for doing mostly stupid stuff, LOL. Like herfing when it is freaking too cold to be smoking outside. Or other stuff!

E

Says the guy with few badges ...

:biggrin:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Cap10_Morgan

QuoteBrlesq - 5/7/2017  8:43 PM

QuoteMcBryde - 5/7/2017  6:44 PM

E

Says the guy with few badges ...

:biggrin:

Badges?  We don't need no stinkin badges!

Cap10_Morgan

Actually, I have a question.  As stated earlier, I assume the polar herfer is the badge mentioned for "herfing when its too freakin cold" (I assume I will never qualify since I live in FL), but what is the curmudgeon crew?  Do you just have to give enough people crap?

shakinghorizons

No stupid questions, but a lot of stupid answers out there (not much on this forum thankfully!).

M82

QuoteCfickter - 5/7/2017  7:41 PM

Great way to ask  :biggrin:

Thanks  :-)

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.