Empty Camacho Liberty 2005 Boxes?

Started by Cap10_Morgan, 05/07/2017 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cap10_Morgan

Hey guys, I wasn't a smoker in 2005.  I just saw the Wishlist PIF (awesome by the way) which included a 2005 Liberty.  I tend to look these cigars up to find out what they are out of curiosity.  After seeing what the whole box looked like, I just thought it was the coolest thing ever.  I am a vet and tend to be very patriotic, so now I'm wondering if its possible for me to get ahold of the empty boxes and turn it into a little humidor for my own cigars or even just for display purposes.  I have just started googling and haven't been very successful so far ($50 for each coffin and not a whole set)  Just wondering if you geeks who have been around longer have better resources or know if it is even possible.  If not, no biggie, but if it's something I can put together for a reasonable amount, then it would totally be worth it!

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images1/1/0613/10/camacho-liberty-2005-cigar-box_1_3c09104e515b6a77bd7c85b7553f23ac.jpg

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images3/1/0613/10/camacho-liberty-2005-cigar-box_1_3c09104e515b6a77bd7c85b7553f23ac.jpg

"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

Brlesq

Contact Wescat. He's our resident collector of these. But expect to pay if anyone will part with one.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Cap10_Morgan

Yeah, the more I google, the more it looks like I'm obviously not the only one who thought the boxes were cool.  Sounds like the cigars were great, but I knew they would be out of my range.  Thought maybe no one cared about the boxes, but doesn't look to be the case.  Still... the coolest box of cigars I've ever seen!  (Maybe I'll just buy a cheaper box with coffins and paint them myself, lol)
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Cap10_Morgan

I've seen that one actually.  I like the outside better, but thought they way they did the coffins was really cool for the 05 Liberty.  Seriously... im thinking about getting some coffins and doing that myself.  (And maybe put them in the ole glory humidor.)

bstessl

Storing cigars inside the coffins isn't always a good practice, a lot of people take the cigars out of the coffins because mold tends to grow nicely inside of them
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

bstessl

So, if you do hunt them down as a set, I would suggest just using the coffins as a display
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Vroomp

Quotebstessl - 5/8/2017  2:39 PM  Storing cigars inside the coffins isn't always a good practice, a lot of people take the cigars out of the coffins because mold tends to grow nicely inside of them

The box of 2005 Liberty's I purchased was intact and unopened for over 10 years. Stored correctly this won't usually happen. All cigars were in perfect condition. Unfortunately, I sold all but 5 and the Humidor box. :cry:

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Cap10_Morgan

I was wondering about using them for storage.  Not the most practical obviously.  I just thought it was one of the coolest things I had seen, but sounds crazy.

Vroomp

You want a couple coffins? :confused:  I'll send them to you Cap~! :bigthumbs:

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

Cap10_Morgan

QuoteVroomp - 5/8/2017  8:12 PM

Heck yeah, that'd be awesome!  Even if I cant do the whole thing (sounds like it would be WAY too much work and money for an impractical purpose really), I'm sure I could find a good use.  Accessories, or even carrying a cigar from point A to B.  My car club does a lot of veteran related events, so even just showing up to a show raising money for vets and pulling out a Liberty coffin to grab my smoke would be cool, lol.  PM me how much shipping is and how to get it to you.  My address is on my profile, so I think you can see it, right?  (I'm still a newb)  Thanks!

McBryde

QuoteVroomp - 5/8/2017  7:12 PM

I can hear the evil laugh from here!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Vroomp

QuoteMcBryde - 5/9/2017  1:52 AM  
QuoteVroomp - 5/8/2017  7:12 PM  You want a couple coffins? :confused:  I'll send them to you Cap~! :bigthumbs:
I can hear the evil laugh from here!  E

:biggrin:  

Vroomp

Cap10_Morgan

biggsy16

The last I was in the Costco in Palm Springs they some real nice coffins for sale
Never done being a Dad

Cap10_Morgan

Quotebiggsy16 - 5/9/2017  11:52 PM

The last I was in the Costco in Palm Springs they some real nice coffins for sale

Figures.  They sell everything else, right?

Cap10_Morgan

Well, I got my empty coffins in the mail today.  :bow:   Brad just couldn't help himself, could he?  Had to blow up the newbie!  Head = blown!  :-0

Love the note, saying he "may have forgotten" to take one of the cigars out of the coffin first!  Un.freakin.real!  I can't begin to describe how grateful I am.  This is absolutely amazing.  I wish I could smoke them all right now, but I'm going to behave.  (A little) When I told my son one of 2005 Liberty coffins had the cigar in it (I had shown him how cool they were when I started this thread and was looking for the box/coffins), he said "you probably won't even want to smoke that one will you"?  Ummm... I'm going to smoke the heck out of that beauty!  I'm definitely not one of those people who buys a classic car just to look at it.  I'd drive it like I stole it!  I've already got the date picked out.  I always take Veterans day off and just enjoy myself.  Nothing special, but usually just a day of video games or relaxing by the grill.  This year, I will have something else to look forward to!  Oh, and a couple other "yard gars" were sent to keep each other company.  (If these are yard gars, I'd hate for you to see my "special occasion" cigars!  lol)  

Also looking forward to trying the Xiphos, I've seen good things on this site but never seen them otherwise.  Are they literally "your brand"?  I looked up the website and saw it was from Atlanta area.  If so, can't wait to try them and let you know what I think.  (Although as I said, it looks like you have had plenty of positive feedback already!)

Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart!  I am in awe of your generosity!

photo Vroomp bomb 05132017_zpsgr5afdc2.jpg

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.