SBC Cigar o' the Month Club

Started by millarddj, 05/16/2017 02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

millarddj

Just received this email from Small Batch. I'm not smoking enough sticks to make it worth it, and I was STILL tempted. Always had terrific experiences with SBC, and if I had to pick a high end cigar-of-the-month club, this'd be the one. I'm interested to hear if anyone here signs up for it:

SBC COTM CLUB!

Introducing The Small Batch Cigar Cigars of the Month Club. We will be offering 100 spots for the first go. Our idea is to only provide unique and exciting cigars for the COTM club and to do that will have to limit it for now. With the SBC COTM Club you won't always get the same amount of cigars you might only get two or you might get eight, we promise will always over deliver and we won't cut corners or toss in anything that we personally won't smoke. From those who have tried our surprise samplers, think of it as getting a new surprise sampler every month but with the peace of mind that we won't ship anything twice in a 12 month period. Also will range the packs from 2-8 cigars. Here is more info you might need.

1: The COTM lasts 12 months. You can cancel anytime we just require you shoot us an email at andrew@smallbatchcigar.com. If you cancel your order, your spot will open up to another person.

2: COTM packs will ship the day after signing up and will be billed on the same day every month. Say you sign up 5/16/17. Your COTM pack will be shipped on 5/17/17 and your next COTM pack will be billed 6/16/17 and shipped on 6/17/17.

3: The quantity of cigars will range but you'll always get well over $50 in cigars and shipping will always be free! We also include a boveda pack with every order.

4: The price of the COTM will not be discounted. Much like the surprise samplers, we offer we set a price and over deliver on that price. The pack is designed to be based off of a $50 purchase price so lowering it would only complicate/reduce the value of what we would like to provide.

5: We are only offering 100 spots for the first round of the COTM. We are doing this as the packs we will design may be using LE items and to be able to properly fulfill each members order will have to restrict the quantity of packs available. Please note that sizes on LE or rare product might be different per member. Say we have two boxes of Opus X but they are different sizes. Will ensure the value is still higher than the COTM packs value but be mindful in those cases COTM members may get different vitolas.

6: If your shipping addresses changes during the year please let us know via email, andrew@smallbatchcigar. Every month will ship to the address created with the original COTM order.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

ninfiction

That is tempting. I've purchased their surprise packs a couple times and they have always included spectacular cigars.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

shakinghorizons

I received that email recently as well, but I have so many singles as it is, I certainly don't need anymore (ESPECIALLY[/B] Limited Edition, because then I want boxes!).

Now, with that said, I can't see SBC throwing garbage cigars into the mix.

ninfiction

And Sold Out...I may or may not have made it in under the wire  :shades:

shakinghorizons

Quoteninfiction - 5/16/2017  2:05 PM

And Sold Out...I may or may not have made it in under the wire  :shades:

Honestly surprised it lasted as long as it did. IF someone where to get in, it would be at the beginning. You know they are going to put some fantastic kits together to get people interested!

05Venturer

Damn it. Missed out, this damn work thing always gets in the way. LOL
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

RDF

I got in on it right away. Figure I'd try it for a bit.
HokieSmokes!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." H. Jackson Brown

clami

I jumped on this one right away too.  I have thought about COTM clubs before, but never joined any.  See how it goes - maybe it will help me keep to my cigar budget......

headfirst

I've spent way too much this year already but still thought about it.  Glad it's sold out so I can ignore it for good!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

toby2

yeah they are pretty top notch. most of these clubs suck. unless RP and the like turn you on.

MusicCity

Sold out lol. I blame Reddit.

Cfickter

SBC is one of very few on-line retailers I would trust with a blind COTM club.  What I like about Cigar Federation's club is they post what they sent out historically so you see the quality.  I would hope SBC does the same
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

millarddj

You guys who made it in (Randy, Clay, Brian), please post what you wind up getting. I too have always been blown away by their surprise samplers, and I could see wanting to get in on this in the future if they made more slots available.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

clami

COTM arrived today!  Not a bad start.

ninfiction

Sweet! Mine is scheduled to land Friday. The Davidoff alone is almost worth the price of admission.

shakinghorizons

If anyone wants to part with their Year of the Sheep - let me know!

Silverstix

I got an email this morning that spots were available for their COTM, so I jumped on it and got in.  Within 10 minutes it was listed as SOLD OUT again.  Looking forward to getting this surprise in the mail every month.....from what I've seen, they go way overboard every month with some great value.

Silverstix

My 1st package from these guys in November was awesome.  Just got my 2nd COTM package.....and all I can say is these guys are absolutely aces!!! For my $50 membership cost, I received:

1 Davidoff Year of the Dog 2018
1 Davidoff Winston Churchill Chequers
1 Dunbarton Muestra de Saka
1 Herrera Esteli Inktome

ninfiction

I've been in the first group since it was introduced. Every month has been a great selection.

My group's November pack included:

Pappy Van Winkle's (by Drew Estate) Tradition Toro (6 x 50, NIC)
Warped La Colmena Black Honey (2017) (5 x 48, USA)
Davidoff Royal Release Robusto (5.5 x 55, DR)

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.