RH in new humidor -

Started by M82, 05/22/2017 12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M82

As far as RH in my new humidor, it seems to be trying to hold pretty well. 15 days with the Boveda seasoning packs- ( 4 of them) and now running 4 drymistat tubes inside.  RH slipped down to 65/66 now but is holding there.  I have one more drymistat tube in a ziplock with the Acid cigars I bought . Once I use them up I could add that tube to humidor as well. It is a 100 cigar size Ambassador glass top.  Any thoughts on that RH (66) for my NC cigars ? Thanks in advance for any and all advice and suggestions.

ntanner

That is an acceptable and I would say even preferable RH. I try and keep mine at around 65% as that seems to be optimum for a cigar to smoke well. Any higher then 67% and the draw starts to get a little tight and I have a higher incidence of burn issues. As a general rule 62-65% RH should work well.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

ninfiction

I agree with Neal, I keep mine as close to 65 as possible. During the winter it gets as low as 62, summer it'll go to 67-68.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

DonM

I agree as well. If your hydrometer is accurate, 65% is the magic number. I let mine drop below that before I introduce more distilled water.to my humidifiers

"The Curmudgeon"

05Venturer

Quoteninfiction - 5/22/2017  4:13 PM

I agree with Neal, I keep mine as close to 65 as possible. During the winter it gets as low as 62, summer it'll go to 67-68.

^^^^ True :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

M82

Great - Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like I'm good to go.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.