Make Me An Offer a joke?

Started by ricoishere, 05/24/2017 11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ricoishere

I recently went to make me an offer in hopes of buying some cigars. I know it's owned by Cigars International. I looked at their prices on CI and then I went to MMAO and  placed my bid $5 below their listed price. On all three occasions they were all rejected.  Hi then went to accepting low bids.  I place my bed $4 below their suggested retail price. All were rejected. that's a joke I'll stick with CigsrBid.
Anyone have similar experience?
I got way too many cigars, too much booze, not many friends. Life is GRAND.
-Rico

"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle." -George Burns

My humidor
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=ricoishere

headfirst

Yep, never seen an offer accepted, been a long time since I've ordered anything from CI.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

nirab

Yea, you should order from The Cigar Vault... :shy:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

DonM

Tried it, no deal, moved on. Good luck!

"The Curmudgeon"

stone111000

Quotericoishere - 5/24/2017  11:45 AM

I recently went to make me an offer in hopes of buying some cigars. I know it's owned by Cigars International. I looked at their prices on CI and then I went to MMAO and  placed my bid $5 below their listed price. On all three occasions they were all rejected.  Hi then went to accepting low bids.  I place my bed $4 below their suggested retail price. All were rejected. that's a joke I'll stick with CigsrBid.
Anyone have similar experience?

Bro,may be your pice too low,just order one no bid,save your time...lol

klamm143

QuoteDonM - 5/24/2017  4:46 PM  Tried it, no deal, moved on. Good luck!  

Me tooooo...........no luck and bids never accepted..........so, I don't even waste my time anymore with such shenanigans......... :hityou:  :puncher:
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

CoreyMacLeod

I've made a few offers and none of them were accepted.  I agree that it doesn't seem to make much sense.  I've noticed that for many of their items you can get them for quite a bit less than their regular asking price on cbid.  Also, while it's not a huge selection, keep an eye on Cigar-Fu and Joe Cigar.  Often great deals on there.
No Signature Necessary.

Olddog

Did obtain one item off them and it was a lighter other than that all cigar bids were rejected
"Honest men, with pipes or cigars in their mouths, have great physical advantages in conversation. You may stop talking if you like, but the breaks of silence never seem disagreeable, being filled up by the puffing of smoke." - William Makepeace Thackeray

M82

Seems like a crazy system. Has anybody saved enough to make it worth not just going to Famous and getting what you want ?  I don't know enough about those places and have always just went to one reliable online seller.

headfirst

So with the recent free shipping offer on this I gave it another try.  I went to the low offers section figuring that's the only place I stand a chance to get a worthwhile deal.  I found 5 packs of LGC Serie N there so I took a shot with buying 2 5 packs @$15 each.  Rejection came back saying I was cold.  I was bored so I thumbed through their entire offerings and found a 10 pack of the same cigar, not in the low offers section.  For kicks i offered $30...offer accepted! :lmao:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.