STG Stock drops due to CI's ongoing IT woes

Started by wescat, 05/26/2017 07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wescat

The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

toby2

yup, DATA is the new bacon.... better get it right the first time or you will pay for it for sure.

shakinghorizons

What a fiasco! Not that I have ordered from them in a LONG time, but this certainly kills it for me.

Deener27

Quoteshakinghorizons - 5/26/2017  8:33 AM

What a fiasco! Not that I have ordered from them in a LONG time, but this certainly kills it for me.

I just ordered 5 things and had 0 issues.  Got them in 2 days.

This is a temporary bump in the road.  Being a finance guy as my profession, any weird issues that cause investor jitters would do this.  Updated guidance for a stock will also cause mood swings.  The problem being that people who publish these stories are so short term and cause others to see it the same way.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

wescat

QuoteDeener27 - 5/26/2017  11:48 AM

Quoteshakinghorizons - 5/26/2017  8:33 AM

I just ordered 5 things and had 0 issues.  Got them in 2 days.

This is a temporary bump in the road.  Being a finance guy as my profession, any weird issues that cause investor jitters would do this.  Updated guidance for a stock will also cause mood swings.  The problem being that people who publish these stories are so short term and cause others to see it the same way.

It may be temporary, but this fu$ked up IT implementation is affecting STG's bottom line, hence the revised guidance.

And, it is STG that "published" the guidance:  https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2017/05/17/987167/0/en/Scandinavian-Tobacco-Group-A-S-Interim-report-1-January-31-March-2017.html

They'll get it sorted out. It will cost them $$$ and some market share.

I call and talk to the customer service reps at CigarBid every few weeks, checking on an order. They are exasperated over this IT problem. I have not changed my CB buying habits due to this IT problem. Most shipments come through normally, a few do not.
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

st_andrew

I am far from surprised that the company has issues with Cigars International.  In my opinion, Cigars International is operated by donkeys.  On the three occasions that I have tried to deal with Cigars International, each time because my regular suppliers were out of stock due to my own stocks temporarily being overworked by customer demand (I am not a cigar supplier, I operate corporate functions) I would require in a hurry to acquire the odd box of a particular type of cigar for a large social function, I would try to deal with Cigars International and each time the dealing would end in disgrace for the company.  Occasion #1, 5 years ago, resulted in wooden box of cigars arriving with the cigars so cracked and crumbled that they might well have been tumbled in a cement mixer in a hot desert for a day.  Under the circumstances, I managed to manually repair half of them using pectin sufficiently to render them presentable, the rest ended up in the trash.  Occasions #2 and #3 resulted in me cancelling the orders and having to supply to the function an entirely different cigar experience because the company wanted proof of adulthood for the delivery address, even though the venues in both cases were businsses for which I was of course unable to provide proof of residence and adult age.  In dealing with the company's staff on all three occasions it was clear to me that the company cared far more about proving itself to be "correct" than actually delivering cigars or serving customers.  Cigars International is now permanently on my supplier black list.

klamm143

...........Not surprised by anything from CI anymore.............
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.