July Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by junglepete, 05/30/2017 11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by McBryde (Emerson)

The Cigar: Camacho Criollo Robusto (5 x 50)

The Specs:
Country of Origin: Honduras
Wrapper: Honduran Criollo
Binder: Honduran
Filler: Honduran, Dominican

The Hype:

Camacho Criollo lives up to its fabled reputation of getting a whole lotta bang for your buck. Widely regarded as being "as close to Cuba as you can get," Camacho cigars celebrate a long and illustrious tradition of pleasing the most grizzled enthusiasts.

Criollo is a welcomed page in Camacho's book. Thanks to serving up a satisfying medium-bodied array of spicy-sweet undertones, there's a lot to look forward to. Featuring a gorgeous fourth priming Criollo '98 wrapper and a balanced blend of Honduran and Dominican-grown Piloto Cubano long-fillers, it's got plenty of gusto too, but without all the knee-knocking strength Camacho is known for. That means you can get behind the wheel of this handmade almost any time of day. As my feeble minded co-worker likes to say, "you can savor the flavor all day long."

Due Date: June 26th, 2017

The Reviewers:

Three (3) veteran or higher status reviewers, min 500 points and 10 reviews
Two (2) newb (less than 12 months on Geeks), min 100 points and 5 reviews
Must not have done a review in April, May, or June.

1. Cap10_Morgan (Jeff)
2. klamm143 (Kevin)
3. Apollo (Stephen)
4. DonM (Don)
5. ntanner (Neal)

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this initiative in place.

Thanks again to Emerson for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'   :cigarman:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Cap10_Morgan

I'll be your newb if you'll have me.  (And if you take 1st post as time on Geeks and not the fact I signed up in 2010 but posted for first time earlier this month, lol)
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

McBryde

Yeah Jeff, I'll take you as the newb of the bunch.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

McBryde

I'll actually take 2 newbs and 3 veterans if Pete will let me!

E

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

junglepete

QuoteMcBryde - 5/30/2017  10:34 PM

I'll actually take 2 newbs and 3 veterans if Pete will let me!

E

:bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Cap10_Morgan

"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

klamm143

OK............I'll bite - if you need a second newb to fill the tube.............lol.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

McBryde

klamm143

Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Beegerply

Wow no one wants to do this, I just did one in May if you need someone I'm willing and able, just saying.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

McBryde

QuoteBeegerply - 6/2/2017  7:30 AM

Wow no one wants to do this, I just did one in May if you need someone I'm willing and able, just saying.  :biggrin:

It's pretty dang bad when you can't even give away a free cigar!

E

appollo

Did one in March but if needed I will never refuse a free stick. :-)

headfirst

Did one for June so definitely want to defer to the other vets.  If you can't find enough peeps I'm willing as well but definitely last of the last resorts.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Cap10_Morgan

I'll smoke multiple and write multiple reviews with multiple drinks if needed!  (Lol, just kidding)

DonM

I will play if you need another victim

"The Curmudgeon"

Deener27

I am also in the "I just did May but would be willing to write for cigars" camp.  If you need me I am willing, but would defer to folks who haven't done one yet.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

McBryde

Apollo and Don Miller, welcome aboard! We have 4 now! Need 1 more vet that meets the criteria!

E

McBryde

The Reviewers:

1. Cap10_Morgan (Jeff)
2. Klamm143 (Kevin)
3. Apollo (Stephen)
4. DonM (Don)
5. ??????

Here is you an updated list Peter.

E

ntanner

It's been a few month's so if you'll have me I'll do it.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

appollo

Thanks for having me Emerson.Seen these on sale been wondering what their like. :-)

McBryde

The Reviewers:

1. Cap10_Morgan (Jeff)
2. Klamm143 (Kevin)
3. Apollo (Stephen)
4. DonM (Don)
5. ntanner (Neal)

Here is you an updated list Peter.

Thanks for volunteering guys, I'll get these out in the mail the beginning of this week!

E

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

MacMac

I'll throw my name in. Would love to be considered.
Thanks,
Joe
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

toby2

i bought ten or so boxes when they were on sale at Holt's. good work smoke. they aren't the same as they used to be. construction issues galore.

McBryde

Quotetoby2 - 6/4/2017  10:08 AM

i bought ten or so boxes when they were on sale at Holt's. good work smoke. they aren't the same as they used to be. construction issues galore.

I'm glad I have an old box then!

E

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.