My New Tuppador

Started by M82, 06/03/2017 07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M82

I've put together a small tuppador for my CC collection using this package I found on Amazon. Also using four Boveda 62RH packets. Seems to be keeping right at 62, 63rh. My friend was here last weekend and since he returned home and visited his local B&M, the guy there told him oh no the tuppador will leak plastic chemicals into the cigars etc etc.. they have to be in a wood humidor. I've read of loads and loads of guys keeping cigars in tuppadors with no ill effects/affects . What thoughts might you guys have? After receiving this I did leave the lid off for a while, but did not wash it out and use Dawn and all the other ideas. Too excited to load my few sticks in it and get them resting. There was no plastic smell in this brand container. Cedar tray fit right in.... great little set up actually.  What do you think ?
 photo IMG_1653_zpszibulybp.jpeg

appollo

Good looking set-up.How many sticks does it hold?

Camshaft83

I use tuppadors exclusively inside a wine fridge. Don't have any problems. Some of the older Tupperware did have a plastic smell that i could see harming your cigars so as long as you can't smell any of that I think you should be fine.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

benchjockey

Before using my tuppadors I wash them with an odorless dish soap and have not had a problem.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

M82

Quoteappollo - 6/3/2017  8:21 AM

Good looking set-up.How many sticks does it hold?

If I had to guess I'd say 50 ? About that Id say but Im new to all of this so ... :)

05Venturer

QuoteM82 - 6/3/2017  7:01 AM

I've put together a small tuppador for my CC collection using this package I found on Amazon. Also using four Boveda 62RH packets. Seems to be keeping right at 62, 63rh. My friend was here last weekend and since he returned home and visited his local B&M, the guy there told him oh no the tuppador will leak plastic chemicals into the cigars etc etc.. they have to be in a wood humidor. I've read of loads and loads of guys keeping cigars in tuppadors with no ill effects/affects . What thoughts might you guys have? After receiving this I did leave the lid off for a while, but did not wash it out and use Dawn and all the other ideas. Too excited to load my few sticks in it and get them resting. There was no plastic smell in this brand container. Cedar tray fit right in.... great little set up actually.  What do you think ?
 photo IMG_1653_zpszibulybp.jpeg

Looks like a perfect set up. I have never had any issues using tupperdors.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

toby2

that's cool that they even bundle them.

Cfickter

No issues with tuppadors at all
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

M82

Quotetoby2 - 6/3/2017  11:47 AM

that's cool that they even bundle them.

Yeah makes it easy ! The cedar tray is a perfect fit too. And great hygrometer!  If I don't stay off FamousSmoke.com I'm going to need another whole setup !
Every time I put in the CG17 code and I see that discount, I tell myself I can't afford NOT to buy these! Crazy huh ?

clami

I have two giant tuppadors and they are perfect.  I don't have any cigars resting directly on the plastic.  I keep all my cigars in cedar trays or cigar boxes.  The tuppador gives you a very controllable environment, and the cedar trays and cedar lined cigar boxes give you humidity stability and great aging flavors.  The only problem I have had is humidity getting too high if the lid is too tight of a fit.  In my house it seems to work best with a lid that is not super tight.  In my opinion, they are the best way to store cigars.

MusicCity

If you have a Container Store close by then you're covered against CAD. They've got a bunch of different sizes - I recently put together a long term again tuperdor using a larger bin.

M82

Have to know what CAD is...  can't wait.  Cigar acquisition disorder ? Haha...

shakinghorizons

I started off with 5-6 of those and they worked VERY well. I washed mine out prior to use, but I don't think it will hurt anything if you didn't.

quickme

I have 8 tupperdores right now.  You don't need the tray IMO. I buy mine from Walmart ( lock and lock) and they go for $5-$10.  Add a couple bovey packs and you're set.

M82

Thanks for all the replies. Yeah mine is working good. Have a few CC in there and 62 RH Boveda. Holding great at 62/63.
My wood humidor has six Drymistat sticks in it and holding 64/65. Might end up with Boveda packs in there as well to bring RH to 68? I'll see how it goes.  Tuppador works so good but mt glass top wooden humidor looks so good here in living room.

PETE314

I have used so.e made by Arm and Hammer...i think they were called Fresh Take Thermal...or something like that....they work GREAT.... But i can't find them anymore??????
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.