2017 Camacho Liberty Distribution

Started by wescat, 06/12/2017 02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wescat

Hello Geeks.

I just received notification from David at Cigarsatyourprice.com that the 2017 Camacho Liberty's are shipping in 10 days.  :dancing: 

Who wants in ??

For those new to CG, I’ve done this for a few years now. You can check my feedback to gauge how I deal with BOTL as per these thread links:

2016 Distribution: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=42793.0

2015 Distribution: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=33824.0

2014 Distribution: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=29132.0

2013 Distribution: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=19418.0

2012 Distribution: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=14622.0

2011 Distribution: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=9774.0

Dav1doff/Cama(ho did a $2/cigar price increase this year; our price will be $14.50 each: that is a good price on this cigar IMO. And yes, if you buy a full box of 20 cigars, you do get the chest.

Distribution will be the same as last year: orders, payment and shipping will be done directly. CAYP's standard shipping rates shall apply: free shipping on orders over $200, $9 shipping on orders under $200.

Detailed ordering instructions will be emailed to all participants when the cigars are on hand at CAYP.

CAYP will again be sponsoring this years Geek Critique of the 2017 Camacho Liberty; 5 of the participants in this box split will be selected as Geek Critique’ers, and get an extra (free) Liberty for the Geek Critique.

**When responding please use this format, in this thread**

**Yes I’m in, put me down for XX cigars**

**I am/am not interested in being a Geek Critique reviewer**

-----NOTE----> If you are participating, you must PM me your email address, because the ordering instructions will be sent to you via email.

Cigars should be on hand at CAYP in about 2 weeks.

And a big THANK YOU to David and cigarsatyourprice.com/niceashcigars.com/egars.com for getting the Geeks a great deal on these cigars, and for AGAIN sponsoring a Geek Critique of the 2017 Camacho Liberty.

Thank You Geeks, and y’all Enjoy the Tobacco.
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

shakinghorizons

Thanks for organizing this!

DonM

Thanks for organizing this again this year!

Yes I'm in, put me down for 3 cigars

I am not interested in being a Geek Critique reviewer, I did it last year

"The Curmudgeon"

nirab

I'm in for 6 please

I reviewed last year, so I'll pass...unless you need someone to come off of the review bench due to injury, or lack of reviewers!  :shy:

Thanks Kevin!!  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

ninfiction

Yes I'm in, put me down for 5 cigars

I am interested in being a Geek Critique reviewer
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Vroomp

Put me in for a fiver please & I'll review if you need one more. 

Thanks Kevin~!

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

tfkirk

I'm in for a 5er, possibly a chest. What's the price on the chest?
Kirk

RIP BIG KIRK, LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU, SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE

wescat

Quotetfkirk - 6/13/2017  6:26 PM

I'm in for a 5er, possibly a chest. What's the price on the chest?

The chests are not sold separately. If you buy a full "box" of 20 cigars, they come in the chest. Good question.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

tfkirk

I'm in for a 5er if there are any left, thought there were 10 in a chest.
Kirk

RIP BIG KIRK, LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU, SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE

wescat

GeekOrder isWants to do GC ??Has PM'ed me   their email address?
DonM3NoNo
nirab6NoNo
ninfiction5YesYes
Vroomp5If neededNo
tfkirk5NoYes
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Cfickter

Wescat
I am in for. A 5'er
Will do the review if needed

Thanks for handling again
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

PETE314

Yes I am in, put me down for 4 cigars  (man this is killing me to not get a chest...I have a chest from every year since 2013!!!) 

Yes I would be interested in a Greek Critique...Have not done one in some time....

I have been waiting for you to get this up...I was just thinking....4th of July is just around the corner...hmmmmm  Camacho Liberty sounds real good...LOL 

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

Vroomp

Quotewescat - 6/13/2017  6:39 PM                                                                                
DonM3NoNo
nirab6NoNo
ninfiction5YesYes
Vroomp5If neededNo
tfkirk5NoYes

But you already emailed me? :confused:  

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

wescat

QuoteVroomp - 6/14/2017  8:31 AM

Quotewescat - 6/13/2017  6:39 PM                                                                                
DonM3NoNo
nirab6NoNo
ninfiction5YesYes
Vroomp5If neededNo
tfkirk5NoYes

But you already emailed me? :confused:  

True true, ya got me there. Valid point.

I keep a file of email addresses of everyone that has participated in any of the annual Camacho Liberty Distributions. I email out a heads up to the list to stimulate participation: I know that most people live busy lives, and may not check Cigar Geeks daily. Thus, the email might be helpful to them.

I always ask, in the initial thread post, that participants PM me their current email address. I realize that most Geeks list an email address in their user profile, but it can be out of date. My intent is that I want to avoid sending the ordering instructions to an email address that is no longer monitored.

And I cannot know if someone hitting the thread is responding to the email prompt or just saw the thread on the front page.

All of which is just me being careful to admin this thing in a way that keeps the chaos to a minimum.

Good question.

Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

raize

Yes I'm in, put me down for 3 cigars
I am not interested in being a Geek Critique reviewer
An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=raize

wescat

Current stats, thanks to all for the participation.

GeekOrder isWants to do GC ??Has PM'ed me their email address?
DonM3NoYes
nirab6If neededNo
ninfiction5YesYes
Vroomp5If neededNo
tfkirk5NoYes
cficter5If neededNo
PETE3144YesYes
raize3NoNo

Did y'all notice that they changed the chest body/lid dimensional configuration?

And the 2 different coffin color schemes in the pics above? I prefer the natural wood.

Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Cap10_Morgan

Whats the deadline on this?  Thought I saw it when I first read the thread a few days ago, but can't find it now.  Really wanna get in on this, but really need the wife's permission, lol.
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

wescat

QuoteCap10_Morgan - 6/14/2017  11:46 PM

Whats the deadline on this?  Thought I saw it when I first read the thread a few days ago, but can't find it now.  Really wanna get in on this, but really need the wife's permission, lol.

I just spoke to her, she says go'head on getting 2 full chests. She's down with it.

Take your time, it's not a problem. Just post up when you know.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

klamm143

I'm in as well..............put me in for 4 cigars.

Yes - I would be happy to do the Critique.

Sending you a PM.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

jharrisx5

I'll take three...

I'd love to be a reviewer
Puff Puff Give....

Vroomp

Quotewescat - 6/14/2017  9:57 PM  
QuoteCap10_Morgan - 6/14/2017  11:46 PM  Whats the deadline on this?  Thought I saw it when I first read the thread a few days ago, but can't find it now.  Really wanna get in on this, but really need the wife's permission, lol.
I just spoke to her, she says go'head on getting 2 full chests. She's down with it.  Take your time, it's not a problem. Just post up when you know.

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  

Cap10_Morgan

Quotewescat - 6/14/2017  9:57 PM

QuoteCap10_Morgan - 6/14/2017  11:46 PM

I just spoke to her, she says go'head on getting 2 full chests. She's down with it.

Take your time, it's not a problem. Just post up when you know.

Sweet!  She also said you were buyin!  I like it!  
Thanks, hopefully I'll post soon.
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

Vroomp

On another note:  :confused:  I was wondering how Camacho was able to get around the August 8, 2016 deadline for new cigars (one of the bullsh*t FDA deeming rules) until I read up what they did for this release, but I am wondering what provisions they have made for future releases........ Will there be a 2018 or is this the end of the line for the Liberty Series? :?:

What other yearly releases will cease to exist?

Link posted on next post.......

wescat

QuoteVroomp - 6/15/2017  7:29 PM

...until I read up what they did for this release...

Linky ??

Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Vroomp

Quotewescat - 6/15/2017  6:38 PM  
QuoteVroomp - 6/15/2017  7:29 PM

...until I read up what they did for this release...

Linky ??

Oops~!  Sorry for not posting it with the OP........     Linky   :biggrin:  

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.