Humidor slowly losing RH

Started by M82, 06/13/2017 06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M82

My humidor did so good for so long .. now drifting down to 62 RH with SEVEN Drymistat sticks in it. Thinking about putting four of the big Boveda packs in it instead. Considering maybe 70rh packs to hold 65 in my wood humidor ? Maybe 72's.
The 62rh packs I have in the Tuppedor with CC is holding 62/63 easy. But it's a Tuppador. I love the look of the wood one I have and want to keep my NC cigars in that one. Glass top looks great.
Any experiences on what RH choice Boveda to maintain 65 in a slightly leaky wood humidor ?
Thanks !!

ninfiction

Is the glass well sealed? You can use aquarium silicon to seal it if you think that might be the issue.

I've never used drymist before and never had issues with Boveda. It's odd that the RH is dropping now, doesn't the humidity outside go up during the summer there? It does here, super dry during the winter, wet during the summer.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

M82

Quoteninfiction - 6/13/2017  9:00 PM

Is the glass well sealed? You can use aquarium silicon to seal it if you think that might be the issue.

I've never used drymist before and never had issues with Boveda. It's odd that the RH is dropping now, doesn't the humidity outside go up during the summer there? It does here, super dry during the winter, wet during the summer.

Yes same here - but with the A/C on that's probably not playing into it. Not sure how well the glass is sealed actually. It's as if it held the same for a few months and then seems to be dropping now. Being a noob I don't know what to expect or why... thanks for the reply !

05Venturer

Going with the Boveda packs would be the right choice in my opinion.
Also as Brian mentioned, check the seal on the glass, that would be the first thing to check out.
Good luck
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

M82

Quote05Venturer - 6/14/2017  7:21 AM

Going with the Boveda packs would be the right choice in my opinion.
Also as Brian mentioned, check the seal on the glass, that would be the first thing to check out.
Good luck

I guess that is what I will do.  I've seen a smoke bomb test to check seal on glass but that seems a bit much . Visually it seems very tight.

christophernagy

Just a question: when was the last time you calibrated your hygrometer?  They can drift....

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.