Vertigo Lighter - won't take fuel ?

Started by M82, 06/22/2017 12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M82

Stupid question maybe.  Lighter came with a small humidor and cutter as a promotion from Famous. It is a Vertigo quad flame butane lighter - with a clear tank. Why when it's inverted and poked with a can of butane won't it take fluid? Maybe I'm missing something. Any ideas?

quickme

Are you sure the connector is correct?   Push on the nub on the lighter to ensure its empty so when you do get it to work it's not filled with air and only a little gas.

Cap10_Morgan

I'm not familiar with that lighter and have never actually had to do this but... most of them say to turn the flame level all the way down before filling.  Wonder if this lighter has something that won't let you fill without doing that?  Just a shot in the dark.
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

shakinghorizons

Did you try to purge the tank prior to filling?

M82

Ok I will try all this when I get home in a few - stay tuned

ninfiction

I purge mine before every fill, not the same lighter exactly but have multiple different ones. I guess they can fill up with the propellant. And you do need to make sure the valve is being pressed in.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

M82

OK so I tried to purge it again. WOW I was surprised how hard it is to push down the filler. Used a ball point pen and it really let some air out. Took fuel pretty good then ! Still not full full but I let a little more air out and have it about 3/4 full. Thanks y'all... I knew Id get some good advice. Capt I turned it down to lowest setting as well so it was a group effort for the win. Thanks again. Think I may go touch one off to see how well it works !

M82

photo IMG_6235_zpsgei7gvl4.jpg

nirab

3/4 full seems to be the norm with these. We sell them here at the shop and when we fill em up, its about 3/4... :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

M82

Quotenirab - 6/22/2017  3:25 PM

3/4 full seems to be the norm with these. We sell them here at the shop and when we fill em up, its about 3/4... :biggrin:

Cool... Yeah upside down its about 3/4 full. Sitting up it looks less but the fact of the matter is it works !
ALSO Capt I figured out the picture issue I had been having. It was what you thought. Disable HTML was indeed "checked". Thanks for that too..

Cap10_Morgan

Awesome!  Glad everything worked out and hope you are already enjoying that San Cristobal!
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

M82

QuoteCap10_Morgan - 6/22/2017  3:44 PM

Awesome!  Glad everything worked out and hope you are already enjoying that San Cristobal!

Actually went with this lil darling. Too short though. 3 3/4" long.  Went fast ! Perla Del Mar I found at local B&M.

photo IMG_6238_zpsltzvtqfm.jpg

Cap10_Morgan

Just means it's time to light up the other one now!

M82

QuoteCap10_Morgan - 6/22/2017  4:25 PM

Just means it's time to light up the other one now!

I like the way you think Captain..

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.