Tequila and Cigars?

Started by Cap10_Morgan, 06/22/2017 04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cap10_Morgan

I was smoking a Camacho Criollo Robusto the other day and I just wasn't diggin the flavors all that much.  I kept getting a grassy/floral taste and that's just not my thing.  So towards the end, I needed a refill on my drink and I thought what might pair well.  I thought tequila of all things had a similar taste.  I poured some El Padrino Anejo with a couple cubes and the cigar really came to life after that.  Like maybe the "grassy/floral" taste was pretty much more like an agave taste.  I've never given any thought to pairing tequila with cigars in the past, and while this still wasn't my favorite cigar and liquor, it was definitely different and really changed the experience for this particular smoke.  Anyone else drink tequila with their smoke?  If so, any recommendations on cigars or maybe even tequila mixed drink to pair?
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

DonM

I usually hesitate on tequila except with women, clothes usually come off when they drink a few shots :biggrin:

"The Curmudgeon"

Deener27

Might be able to help you out here.  At least I will try.

Casamigos: here is the writeup: " Aged for 14 months in American Oak. The extra time in the barrel brings in nice flavors. On the nose, sweet cooked agave notes with clove, butterscotch, vanilla, and subtle spice."  About $25 for a 375ml bottle or I have found it for $40.

Corazon: here is the writeup: ""Pale golden amber color. Buttery coconut creme brulee, peppermint ice cream, honeyed raisin nut bread, and delicate pickling spice aromas follows through on a supple, satiny entry leads to a dryish medium-full body with interesting accents.  750ml bottle can be had for $33 around here.

One of my favorites has been Tres Generaciones Anejo.  $33 a bottle.

Just a few thoughts that I have had since I know what you like and the value you seek $ wise.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Cap10_Morgan

Thanks for the recommendations, David.  Tres Generaciones is actually on my Total Wine shopping list, lol.  But I was more interested if anyone else here ever drinks tequila with their cigars.  It NEVER crossed my mind before, but just dawned on me while smoking this specific cigar and it worked.  Wondered if I was missing something others already knew about.

And Don, I can't make any promises about keeping MY clothes on during the herfs if I'm drinking tequila, lol.
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

toby2

over the holidays i treated myself to a bottle of Ron White's brand "Number JUAN". i smoked many cigars while sipping on that costly stuff. paired just great with them. it was real good BTW but the price will knock you out. at least getting it shipped to GA the way i had to was. maybe it isn't very expensive on the left coast?

The Burn Ward

Bruce pours tequila in his fresca

The Burn Ward

I like mescal sometimes, there's a smokiness not quite like islay scotch but it works with a cigar.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.