Places of your youth still going strong!

Started by tfkirk, 06/24/2017 02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tfkirk

If you live in Eastern Pa. or Western NJ just past the Delaware Water Gap on RT 46 little icon place called "HOT DOG JOHNNY'S" took the wife daughter and 1 of her friends. It brought back memories of days gone by of my youth. Draft red birch beer in a frosted mug, buttermilk in a frosted mug, hot dogs (mustard ketchup, onions and 2-1/4 pieces of pickle)and fries. The Pequest River is literally 30 feet from the eating area with the "original Hot Dog Johnny's" building still standing from the 40's. Actually talked to Pat the daughter I remember her being there in the 60's and 70's still working the stand. Check this place out.

http://hotdogjohnny.com/shop/shipping.php
Kirk

RIP BIG KIRK, LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU, SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE

05Venturer

Looks like a great place.
Memories that you can pass down like that are great.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

ninfiction

Very cool. A drive-in my mom worked at during high school(she's 72) is still open and not too far from where I live. Haven't been in years but drive past it quite often...should stop in.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Jackal

Genghis Khan's Mongolian BBQ in Huntington Beach, that I went to as a kid, is still going strong after 35+ years.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.