Coffee Roasted with Cigar Smokers in Mind

Started by Olddog, 07/10/2017 03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olddog

While at work today, came across a web site 1stincoffee.com.  What caught my eye was a Cigar Blend Coffee.  In the description it said; "George is our coffee roaster and he loves a quality cigar. He often says coffee is a great accompaniment  while enjoying a cigar. I challenged him to create our Cigar Blend coffee. George rose to the challenge, the bold blend includes beans from Honduras, Guatemala and Brazil. 100% Organic Shade Grown Arabica."  So I ordered a bag of it to see if it really does go well with a quality cigar".  Will pass on my thoughts when I do get it.
"Honest men, with pipes or cigars in their mouths, have great physical advantages in conversation. You may stop talking if you like, but the breaks of silence never seem disagreeable, being filled up by the puffing of smoke." - William Makepeace Thackeray

jagfandaddy

"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

freakydeakydutchman

Please keep us posted. My go to drink with my cigar is a nice coffee..
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

appollo

Great idea.Interested to see the results.

danb6177

Nice, I bet its real good. I get a cheaper coffee from Aldi called  Beaumont. The Columbian really reminds me of the coffee I taste in a cigar. Although Ive never paired the two as I never smoke in the am.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

amigodecigars

My pairing is "always" with a Costa Rican cigar and Costa Rican Tarrazu coffee!  Available for sending to the U.S.                                                                                       

"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

Deener27

QuoteOlddog - 7/10/2017  3:14 PM
Will pass on my thoughts when I do get it.

Just curious, how are you going to make the coffee?  I find that the french press method brings out some dynamite flavors that other methods completely miss.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Cfickter

Coffee with a cigar is a staple for me, some great coffees out there.  Like cigars the strength can vary greatly, but also like cigar I tend to lean towards heavier coffees, like Death Wish
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

West88

Starbucks Sumatra blend goes well with a Drew Estate Java, especially before anyone else in the house gets up
"Better to have that and not need it than need it and not have it" Captain Woodrow F. Call

Olddog

Got the Cigar Coffee in Friday and ground some up this morning and had a Java Maduro with it.  The two went very well with each other and gets a big

thumbs up!       

"Honest men, with pipes or cigars in their mouths, have great physical advantages in conversation. You may stop talking if you like, but the breaks of silence never seem disagreeable, being filled up by the puffing of smoke." - William Makepeace Thackeray

danb6177

QuoteOlddog - 7/16/2017  11:09 AM

Got the Cigar Coffee in Friday and ground some up this morning and had a Java Maduro with it.  The two went very well with each other and gets a big

thumbs up!       

so did it taste like a cigar? or like coffee
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----

Olddog

Quotedanb6177 - 7/16/2017  10:05 AM  

thumbs up!       

Tasted like coffee, no tobacco taste at all.  Coffee through and through

danb6177

QuoteOlddog - 7/16/2017  3:51 PM

Quotedanb6177 - 7/16/2017  10:05 AM  

thumbs up!       

Tasted like coffee, no tobacco taste at all.  Coffee through and through

Gotcha, kinda figured. Not sure Id wanna drink a cigar anyway lol.
-----

Vanilla Gorilla

Sounds interesting! I'll have to give it a go!
Forever seaching for the perfect cigar, one puff at a time.

DonM

All coffee beans are not created equal and can be expensive depending on where you get it.  I did find Amigodecigars suggestion for coffee on the web from a Co located in Doral FL and may give it a try:

http://www.ticoshopping.com/Cafe-Dota-Fresh-Coffee-16oz

Any other suggestions besides Starbucks?  Lost interest in their overpriced stuff when they were playing games hiring refugees over hiring Vets

"The Curmudgeon"

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nirab

QuoteDonM - 10/1/2017  8:52 AM

All coffee beans are not created equal and can be expensive depending on where you get it.  I did find Amigodecigars suggestion for coffee on the web from a Co located in Doral FL and may give it a try:

http://www.ticoshopping.com/Cafe-Dota-Fresh-Coffee-16oz

Any other suggestions besides Starbucks?  Lost interest in their overpriced stuff when they were playing games hiring refugees over hiring Vets

This coffee is WONDERFUL!! Goes great with...or without, cigars!!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.