Photobucket Bites!

Started by Brlesq, 07/18/2017 06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

By now you might have noticed in our various site posts by members here that if a picture was inserted using Photobucket, the image is now blocked and you see a big box that states "PLEASE UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT TO ENABLE THIRD PARTY HOSTING".  So when I tried to update my account, I discovered that they want $399/year just to link pictures!  They have lost my account.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for another FREE photo sharing site?

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Cap10_Morgan

I'm using google photos now because all my photos are already backed up there thanks to my phone.  There are 2 ways...

Easiest: 
1) Right click on the photo and get photo address, then paste into the attach image box in the advanced editor here on the site

Or:
2) Get image address, then use this link: https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/
Then hit generate code and copy/paste html 

"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

Cap10_Morgan

Also just tested tinypic.com and it worked.  Not sure of limits/restrictions. Maybe more of a privacy issue because I didn't even have to log in, its just shared with everyone I guess.  I just recognized the name.  Think imageshack is another

"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

toby2

M82

Yep.. this has been a bombshell development on the BBQ forum I'm on.  Crazy.  I'm in the market for a new host as well. I have a Flickr account but it seems difficult to use. May be forced to give it another look ?

danb6177

I just resize my pictures on my comp using paint and then browse my pic folder when I want to post them. It's 1,2,3. I hate those other sites.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

shakinghorizons

If you notice my other threads I can't figure out how to post pictures so I just gave up, lol.

1029henry

Quoteshakinghorizons - 7/18/2017  10:56 PM

If you notice my other threads I can't figure out how to post pictures so I just gave up, lol.

Yep. I've been on this site for a while, and have never posted a pic LOL! Way too complicated.
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

danb6177

I just take a pic with my phone and put it into my picture file. then edit with paint. Its pretty easy really. This explains it

http://www.wikihow.com/Resize-an-Image-in-Microsoft-Paint

When I resize I change the top pixel circle to 400. The bottom one changes by itself. Then save the new size pic

After that make your post and hit the add pic after checkbox,then browse your pic file,then add the pic and submit,then light up a stogie
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

Vroomp

I used to use Picturetrail.com, but switched to photobucket until it messed up on my computer. I now upload pics to Facebook where you have pretty much unlimited storage and make the pics visible only to me so they don't create a post. One can also use programs like Faststone photo resizer to reduce file size to 100k so you can add at the end of a post here........
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Olddog

I use Google photos as well, free and can upload as many as i want (which isn't many not a big picture taker).  They can be shared with others and when I post on here just download onto computer, resize and post (as attachments seems easiest).
"Honest men, with pipes or cigars in their mouths, have great physical advantages in conversation. You may stop talking if you like, but the breaks of silence never seem disagreeable, being filled up by the puffing of smoke." - William Makepeace Thackeray

Beegerply

Quote1029henry - 7/19/2017  3:37 AM

Quoteshakinghorizons - 7/18/2017  10:56 PM

Yep. I've been on this site for a while, and have never posted a pic LOL! Way too complicated.

I've been on this site for sometime and only been able to post like two pic's lol I gave up a few years back also.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

wescat

QuoteBrlesq - 7/18/2017  9:40 PM

By now you might have noticed in our various site posts by members here that if a picture was inserted using Photobucket, the image is now blocked and you see a big box that states "PLEASE UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT TO ENABLE THIRD PARTY HOSTING".  So when I tried to update my account, I discovered that they want $399/year just to link pictures!  They have lost my account.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for another FREE photo sharing site?

When posting to this forum, I edit my pics to <100k and insert them.

On other forums that require remote pic hosting, I use Dropbox, which is free but not easy.
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

bstessl

I use imageshrink to resize and upload to Dropbox.
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Jackal

I avoid trusting data to 3rd parties.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.