Cigar Briefcase vs My Humidor

Started by theoldcc, 01/06/2008 10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theoldcc

I have had a few people tell me about a program called the cigar briefcase.  I have also seen in mentioned out on the net.  I have looked at this thing and my question is, why would anyone use that over the My Humidor feature on this site?  It seems to me that the humidor system here has at least as much if not more functionality, plus its hooked up to the database with nearly 12,000 cigars where briefcase has only 2000.

Has anyone used this software and how do you think it compares to the humidor feature on this site?  It just seems crazy to me to download and install a piece of software if you can get the same thing here.

*P
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

monteclaro

I actually downloaded it maybe a year ago and it did not impress me.  It seemed a little flaky and crashed here and there.

Personally, I find the one here a lot easier to use and doesn't clutter up my computer.  Plus I can get to it from work, home, or when I travel.

JF
Hmmm...what to smoke, what to smoke...
http://www.cigargeeks.com/humidor/default....mber=monteclaro

SenorPablo

I'm glad you guys like the humidor feature.  I've never looked at the cigar briefcase so let me know if there's anything more useful in it worth adding here.  Anyone else out there use it?

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

mhuss

Quotemonteclaro - 1/7/2008  10:28 AM
Personally, I find the one here a lot easier to use and doesn't clutter up my computer.  Plus I can get to it from work, home, or when I travel.

JF

I've never used the Briefcase, so I have nothing to compare ours to.  But I must say, the one here is outstanding.  I love the aging feature as well.  It's a great way to keep track of how long a specific cigar has been sitting in your humidor.  It's great to see that my Mario Palomino has been aging for 2,757 days!  And there's no doubt when you acquired a cigar and how much you paid for it.  And a spot to put notes.  What more could you ask for!

Turboknat

I haven't used it, but as a newby, I have to say I love the features on our site here,  plus the connection to the database is outstanding.  I also really like the fact that as we come across new cigars that are not listed (yes, Larry, there are just a couple left for you to discover, haha), we can include them, and once reviewed, they are posted.  Members here actually get to help write the database that all can use.  I find that facinating for some reason, and I appreciate the opportunity for involvement like that.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.