November Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by junglepete, 07/18/2017 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by appollo (Stephen)

The Cigar: My Father Connecticut Robusto (5.2 x 52)

The Specs:

Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Wrapper: Ecuadorian
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan

The Hype:

Known by many as the full-bodied master, Jose "Pepin" Garcia strays from the norm in his newest endeavor. And it's no surprise that My Father Connecticut is still damn tasty, despite its much mellower character. A wonderfully blended mellow to medium-bodied beauty that is certainly not lacking in flavor.

Starting from the cold draw, the carefully selected Nicaraguan Corojo 99' binder and Nicaraguan Habano and Criollo long-fillers are noticeable, delivering slightly sweet and earthy nuances. The pristine Ecuadorian Connecticut shade wrapper can be deceiving, having a refined spice lingering throughout. A thoroughly complex cigar, My Father Connecticut secures its spot right alongside the other countless 90+ rated achievements credited to the Garcia family name.  

My Father Connecticut received a well-deserved 90-rating noting: "A well-made cigar with a three-seam cap and medium claro wrapper. The easy draw delivers a floral and balanced smoke with hints of chocolate and baking spices."

Due Date: October 25th, 2017

The Reviewers: To be chosen by Stephen

Active members only please.

Shipping Restrictions: US and Canada only please.

1. junglepete (Pete)
2. McBryde (Emerson)
3. Cap10 Morgan (Jeff)
4. 05Venturer (Kent)
5. klamm143(Kevin)

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this initiative in place.

Thanks again to Stephen for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :cigarman:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

junglepete

Not sure how the reviewers will be chosen, but if it's random then I'll throw my name in the hat.  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Cap10_Morgan

While I did a critique in July and know I would usually meet the 3 month gap requirement for this (but don't see the same requirements listed)... I would love to try one of these My Fathers I've heard so much about in the past.  But if there is anyone else who hasn't done a critique lately and it is between me or them, I'd gladly step aside.
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

klamm143

Ditto.......same here as Jeff said. We are here if you need us.......heck.......we are here even if you don't need us.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

McBryde

"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

appollo

Peter and Emerson your both in.Kevin  and Jeff your at the top of the list.

appollo

Cap10_Morgan

Quoteappollo - 7/20/2017  7:24 AM  Jeff and Kevin your both in.

Awesome!  Looking forward to it.  Thanks!

"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

Silverstix

I would be interested in this if there is a spot available for a noob like me.  This was one of the first cigars I tried about a year+ ago when I first got serious about the hobby.....back then I didn't have much of a reference point and I honestly thought it was too spicy for me.  I'd be curious to see how it goes a year later now that I like the spice and I have lots of different tastes under my belt

05Venturer

I've been trying a few connies lately and I am a fan of the My Father Line. Would enjoy giving this one a shot.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

klamm143

Quoteappollo - 7/20/2017  7:24 AM  Jeff and Kevin your both in.

THANK YOU Sir.........much appreciated.

Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

appollo

Your in Kent.That fills it.I will get the sticks out next week.

05Venturer

Quoteappollo - 7/20/2017  7:17 PM

Your in Kent.That fills it.I will get the sticks out next week.

Awesome brother.
Thanks for including me
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

junglepete

It all sounds good to go...thanks for the opportunity to review Stephen.  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

05Venturer

Received mine today with a couple hitchhikers.
Thanks Stephen   :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
Kent

appollo

klamm143

Got mine today as well.......nice packing...lol...had to hire a crew to cut thru all the packing...lol........THANKS For The BODYGUARDS....
Kevin R. Lamm

appollo

Yea sometimes I go that little extra.Glad they made enjoy.The Camacho are older stock that aren't available anymore.Enjoy :-)

junglepete

Got mine today...along with a couple of great piggy-backers. Both those cigars were on my list to try but I just never got around to it. Looking forward to the review cigar as well. Thanks Stephen, well done!
Guru of Frugality

appollo

Glad they made it .I was worried a little by the hurricane.Enjoy the sticks. :-)

McBryde

I got mine in yesterday Stephen! Thanks for the hitchikers! Looking forward to this one!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

appollo

appollo

Everybody now has their review stick.Had a small hiccup Capt.Morgans but everyone is now good to go.Enjoy brothers. :biggrin:

Cap10_Morgan

Yup, just came on here to say thanks again!  Stephen is a true Geek!  Original package got lost in the mail.  I offered to just go buy a stick to review... no sense in him having to put out twice.  He had a new package shipped before I could blink.  Arrived safely today with 2 sticks I've been wanting to try.   :thanx:

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.