Warped Cigars - construction issues?

Started by Silverstix, 07/20/2017 07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverstix

So I have heard great things about the Warped line, I know they are very popular right now.  The Futuro 109 sounded like it would suit my tastes so I ordered a couple singles as part of a larger online order.  I waited a month before I smoked the first one, had real bad tunneling issues.  To the point that I had to re-light and touch up 3 times in the first half.  Finally I gave up on it.  I waited another month, smoked the other one, same exact issues.  Has anyone experience something similar with Warped?  

My tupperdor is 65-68, don't have any issues like this with my other sticks and the rest of the online order was fine.

StogieDad

Unfortunate.  I have smoked a good bit of Warped sticks, and liked them all, none of which I had any major construction issues.  In fact, I reviewed the other vitola and looks like construction was good, a little wave in the burn but still rated it a 4.

Maybe try leaving it out for a couple hours before you smoke or dry boxing it, see if that evens the burn a little, maybe they were a bit wet, or in a spot where they were not getting airflow.  Other than that, you may have just got a couple from the end of the day when the roller had a hot date :biggrin:
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Silverstix

QuoteStogieDad - 7/20/2017  9:33 AM

Unfortunate.  I have smoked a good bit of Warped sticks, and liked them all, none of which I had any major construction issues.  In fact, I reviewed the other vitola and looks like construction was good, a little wave in the burn but still rated it a 4.

Maybe try leaving it out for a couple hours before you smoke or dry boxing it, see if that evens the burn a little, maybe they were a bit wet, or in a spot where they were not getting airflow.  Other than that, you may have just got a couple from the end of the day when the roller had a hot date :biggrin:

I really wanted to love these, they sounded great.  They aren't a cheap stick either, for the money I'm a little gun shy about gambling again in the near future, still have a lot of other smokes I want to try in the $5-$9 range.  I'm sure I'll revisit them again at some point.....maybe Santa will bring me a couple for Christmas if I'm on my best behavior! lol

tvolball

I was sent one of the Warped El Oso by musciscity for my birthday and it was one of the better cigars I have ever smoked. Burn was excellent and it had a great taste and strength. I would buy these anytime. No issues!
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

ninfiction

I agree with everything Michael said. I smoked several Warped blends and haven't had major or consistent issues. There's bound to be a dud here and there with a hand made product, you might have gotten part of a bad batch.

The other thing that can affect how it burns is the weather outside. I've had cigars that looked like they were exploding when it's been really humid out
This is not the admin you're looking for...

tgs679

I have smoked nearly all of the warped offerings and other than a touch up here or there I have had no major construction issues at all.

Silverstix

Hmmmmm interesting to hear.....I'm glad to hear this was atypical.  Like I said, the rest of that order was OK and the rest of my stock is too.  Maybe I just got a couple of bad sticks from the Futuro line, it happens......I'm still open to the brand, they have enough great reviews.

Silverstix

What are some of their other offerings that you guys would recommend I try?

Vroomp

Never had any issues with Warped and just cleaned out a shop in Arizona that had some Lirio Rojo's left....... :biggrin:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

StogieDad

QuoteSilverstix - 7/20/2017  2:08 PM

You can't go wrong.  I like the La Colmena, Guardian of the Farm, the banner Don Reynaldo,and Maestro Del Tiempo especially.  But the La Hacienda and Corto are very good as well.  I just ordered some Villa Sombra and some more Maestros to try them out.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Jackal

I love the El Oso.  Never had a problem with them.  Maybe you got sticks that were stored improperly before you got them.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

danb6177

I've never had a warped cigar. Heard good things about them tho. I remember buying a fiver of diesel unholy coctails. The first 3 didn't smoke at all and the last 2 where great. I think sometimes we just get a few duds
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

Brlesq

Never had any issues with Warped cigars, including the Futuros.  One of my favorite brands.

El Oso one of my favorites, and the construction is always superior since these are rolled by the Titan de Bronze factory.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Jackal

QuoteBrlesq - 7/20/2017  7:02 PM

Never had any issues with Warped cigars, including the Futuros.  One of my favorite brands.

El Oso one of my favorites, and the construction is always superior since these are rolled by the Titan de Bronze factory.

Never had anything bad that came out of that factory.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

MusicCity

I've smoked pretty much every Warped made. I have only smoked one of the 109s and it burned fine. Bear in mind that cigar is made at TABSA while the majority of the other lines are made at El Titan de Bronze in Miami. I have yet to have poor construction from any cigar made at El Titan, not to say they aren't out there it just hasn't been my experience.

Silverstix

You could imagine my disappointment when I had these issues, given alllll of the great stuff people say about them.  In addition to the tunneling, the wrapper was burning funny it was almost like there was an air gap between the wrapper and the binder.  I might try the Don Reynaldo this time, sounds like it's up my alley

MusicCity

Good choice, that might be my favorite of Kyle's cigars.

chief791

Love the Flor del Valle and have never had burn problems.
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.