Hello CGs

Started by BrockDB, 07/22/2017 06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrockDB

Hello all.  I have been using the CG online humidor for about a year now, so I figured it was time to introduce myself.  I am retired USAF and currently live in the St. Louis Metro area.  I have been smoking cigars for the past year and over that time I have tried/acquired a decent amount of different cigars.  I have been predominantly a Perdomo smoker, but recently been trying to expand my palate by trying other blends and manufacturers. I have primarily been using online purchases and auctions to try and obtain my cigars.  I do not use the B&Ms as much as I would like, but I guess you do what you have to do. I listen to a couple of podcasts and use 1 place for a COTM.  

I am looking forward to interact with everyone, learning and and take my new passion to the next level.    

Brock
- Brock

"Some people meditate; I smoke cigars..." - Ron Perlman

SKOL VIKINGS!

05Venturer

:welcome: to the Club Brother.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Olddog

Good morning and welcome to this great community!
"Honest men, with pipes or cigars in their mouths, have great physical advantages in conversation. You may stop talking if you like, but the breaks of silence never seem disagreeable, being filled up by the puffing of smoke." - William Makepeace Thackeray

benchjockey

Welcome aboard from South Florida, Brock.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

toby2

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

amigodecigars

Welcome. My son is currently in the USCG. Ever smoked a Costa Rican cigar?
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

BrockDB

Quoteamigodecigars - 7/22/2017  9:15 AM  Welcome. My son is currently in the USCG. Ever smoked a Costa Rican cigar?

Thank your son for keeping up the good fight!  I do not believe that I ever had a CR cigar.  There doesn't appear to be too many out there  

- Brock

SKOL VIKINGS!

amigodecigars

Quotebrock.bowman314@gmai - 7/22/2017  11:33 AM  

Quoteamigodecigars - 7/22/2017  9:15 AM  Welcome. My son is currently in the USCG. Ever smoked a Costa Rican cigar?

Thank your son for keeping up the good fight!  I do not believe that I ever had a CR cigar.  There doesn't appear to be too many out there  

You can check here on 'Cigar Reviews' for      

[Rate It!]
Tabacos de Costa Rica Don Guzman Suenos 5x50

There are a few companies in Costa Rica.  Tabacos de CR has been making cigars for 20 yrs. and some of their private label clients you may know, like Lavida Habana, Atabey-Byron, Cuba Rica, Dignity, Vegas de Santiago, MBombay, Royal Danish Cigars, 20 mins. in Detroit, Xiphos, Marrero.                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

ninfiction

Welcome to the group Brock!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

danb6177

Welcome from Tampa!!
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

danb6177

Quoteamigodecigars - 7/22/2017  1:09 PM

Quotebrock.bowman314@gmai - 7/22/2017  11:33 AM  

You can check here on 'Cigar Reviews' for      

[Rate It!]
Tabacos de Costa Rica Don Guzman Suenos 5x50

There are a few companies in Costa Rica.  Tabacos de CR has been making cigars for 20 yrs. and some of their private label clients you may know, like Lavida Habana, Atabey-Byron, Cuba Rica, Dignity, Vegas de Santiago, MBombay, Royal Danish Cigars, 20 mins. in Detroit, Xiphos, Marrero.                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Love them vegas de santiagos!
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

Cfickter

Welcome to CG from Pittsburgh
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

jagfandaddy

"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

ntanner

Welcome from New Mexico.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

BrockDB

Thanks for all the welcomes all.  I hope to be able to participate in several of the trades, PIFs, etc. soon.
- Brock

SKOL VIKINGS!

headfirst

Welcome, and thanks for your years of service! :usa:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

MacMac

Welcome to the cigar geek community from Lake Gaston, VA.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Brlesq

Glad to have you join us!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

klamm143

Welcome - from North Carolina. Also, Thanks for your service.
Buckle up - and enjoy the ride - cause CG is a great place to be.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

appollo

:welcome: From Nova Scotia.Great bunch here. :-)

Otter

Welcome to the group!
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

M82

Welcome aboard Brock... Enjoy your time here with the Geeks.

Vroomp

:welcome: to the site~!

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

DonM

Welcome from the Sunshine State!

"The Curmudgeon"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.