December Member Sponsored Geek Critique "Blind Review"

Started by junglepete, 07/23/2017 07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by shakinghorizons (Colin)

The Cigar: A Mystery  For Now

The Hype:  This cigar was released in 2010 and has been immensely popular since.

Due Date: November 25th, 2017

Shipping: Limited to the US addresses only

The Reviewers:

Three (3) veteran or higher status reviewers, min 500 points and 5 database reviews
Two (2) newbies (less than 12 months on Geeks), min 100 points and 1 database review
Must not have done a review in the past 3 months.

1. brlesq (Bruce)
2. nirab (Brian)
3. danb6177 (Dan)
4. olddog (Curtis)
5. Silverstix (Tom)

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this initiative in place.

Thanks again to Colin for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  
 :smoker:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Brlesq

I haven't done a Geek Critique in a while, and would like to get in on this one
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

shakinghorizons

nirab

You've got my interest!! Toss my name in the hat please!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

danb6177

Just did the august review. So if you need me I'm here but if anyone who hasn't done one wants in take them first.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

bstessl

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

chief791

"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

junglepete

okay...the three veteran spots have been filled by bruce, brian, and dan.....still need two newbies to round it out.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

shakinghorizons

Thanks everyone who has signed up! I asked Pete to start the sign-up early on this one so the stick is well acclimated when it is time to smoke.

danb6177

Great thinking ahead Colin. Never did a blind review before. Gonna be fun.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----

shakinghorizons

Olddog

Sign me up Colin, will help you if you would like.
"Honest men, with pipes or cigars in their mouths, have great physical advantages in conversation. You may stop talking if you like, but the breaks of silence never seem disagreeable, being filled up by the puffing of smoke." - William Makepeace Thackeray

shakinghorizons

Silverstix

Silverstix

shakinghorizons

QuoteSilverstix - 7/27/2017  12:39 PM

oops sorry didn't see the 100 post requirement

Get to posting! I bet you can get 74 posts in sooner than you think!

danb6177

QuoteSilverstix - 7/27/2017  4:39 PM

oops sorry didn't see the 100 post requirement

Its 100 point requirement I think, not 100 post. Here is how to get more points

http://cigargeeks.com/Points/default.asp

:goodluck:
-----

Silverstix

Quotedanb6177 - 7/27/2017  4:19 PM  
QuoteSilverstix - 7/27/2017  4:39 PM  oops sorry didn't see the 100 post requirement
Its 100 point requirement I think, not 100 post. Here is how to get more points   http://cigargeeks.com/Points/default.asp   :goodluck:

Well I can do that!

shakinghorizons

QuoteSilverstix - 7/28/2017  7:09 AM

QuoteSilverstix - 7/27/2017  4:39 PM  oops sorry didn't see the 100 post requirement
Its 100 point requirement I think, not 100 post. Here is how to get more points   http://cigargeeks.com/Points/default.asp   :goodluck:

Well I can do that!

This one is sponsored by me - so I can break the rules...........You're in!

Silverstix

Quoteshakinghorizons - 7/28/2017  10:42 AM  
QuoteSilverstix - 7/28/2017  7:09 AM  
Well I can do that!
This one is sponsored by me - so I can break the rules...........You're in!

Haha awesome! Thank you very much, looking forward to it!  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  

CarlosoftHUN

Good luck to you guys for that.. sad I am in Europe :-D
Cigars - What else?

"The light ones may be killers, the dark ones mild; not the wrappers but the fillers, make cigars or women wild." -Keith Preston

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

shakinghorizons

Quotejunglepete - 8/1/2017  11:35 AM

Bump -  :thumbsup:

Pete,

Please add Curtis (olddog) and Tom (Silverstix) to the list and we are complete.

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

shakinghorizons

Shipping out this week unless anyone won't be around to receive - let me know!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.