Cigar Geeks FFL 2017 good luck everyone

Started by johncw, 07/27/2017 12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johncw

It's that time of year again FFL players

It's almost August so figured it's time to get the league started. First I want to give everyone in the league last year a chance to rejoin first then if there are spots open I will open it up to all the Geeks. Again this year we will all be putting up 5 cigars ($7+) and one really nice cigar ($12+). I'm requesting everyone sending me the cigars this year so that I can send them out at the end of the year. Regular season winner gets the ($12) cigars. Winner of the playoffs gets everyone's 5 cigars and 2nd place of the playoffs gets the 5 cigars 1st place put up.

We will again try and do a Online Draft and Google Herf.

LETS PLAN A DRAFT at 9ET Aug 28th -31st  Draft lasts about 1.5 hours or less. Let me know if anyone has an issue.

Gronkman Style (John) (confirmed in)     (Cigars in)
Chief the Whole F'n Show (Ken) (Cigars in)
Redneck Warriors (Jason) (Cigars in)
Toilet Monsters (Brian) (confirmed in)
Penn State Boys Camp (Adam) (Cigars in)
BamaStogieboys (Michael) (confirmed in) Sent waiting on confirmation
Lambeaughinis (Kent) (Cigars in)
Killers on the confluence (Chuck)(Cigars in)
Klamm143 (Cigars in)
Hingle McCringleberry (Jason) (Confirmed In)
Cap10_Morgan (Brian) Cigars in)
The Dudes (Kerry) (Cigars in)

Cap10_Morgan

I'd definitely be interested if there is room for me.
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

danb6177

John Id love to be back in the league if an opening happens
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

raize

An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=raize

johncw

We have one space open. Will open it up for a random number between 1-100 closest wins. I'll shoot each of the 3 guys interested a PM to get a number then I'll do a randomizer 1-100 closest is in.

nirab

The 28th @ 8pm works for me. Thanks!
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

johncw

Quotenirab - 8/2/2017  4:21 PM

The 28th @ 8pm works for me. Thanks!

8pm CST works me as well... is this to late for the East coast guys. Sorry about the West coast guys but I doubt anyone wants it any later.

Thoughts anyone?

jharrisx5

That would be 6pm pacific time... Should work but Monday is bad for me... Maybe Tuesday?
Puff Puff Give....

BewareDaPenguin

I am on a s**tty new work schedule but I can hopefully get in live if not I'll have someone I trust like my brother draft 4 me so they are all kinda crappy during the week for me only Friday night - Sunday night is good, but like I said I'll get it figured out :thumbsup:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

klamm143

Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

johncw

We have a winner for the last spot it was very close.
Cap10_Morgan Congrats with 23
Danb6177 with 61
Klamm143 with 37

The number was 29

Bah sorry you can't see that screen shot. I made it to small

Cfickter

that date and time should work (7pm eastern) but really will not know for another week
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

danb6177

Quotejohncw - 8/3/2017  9:45 AM

We have a winner for the last spot it was very close.
Cap10_Morgan Congrats with 23
Danb6177 with 61
Klamm143 with 37

The number was 29

Bah sorry you can't see that screen shot. I made it to small

Wtg Jeff!! Good luck man
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

Cap10_Morgan

Groovy!  Thanks guys, can't wait!  Hope I didn't just use up all my luck on just getting into the league though.  I'm gonna need it later.

Also, from what I see, Aug 28 at 9est, 8cst works for me.  Unless I missed something where Chuck said 7pm eastern.
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

johncw

QuoteCfickter - 8/3/2017  9:57 AM

that date and time should work (7pm eastern) but really will not know for another week

Chuck it would be 9EST - 6PST... i know that can be late but we'll be doing a herf so that should soften the blow.

We have our full league and now just need a date.

Cap10_Morgan

I'm thinking Chuck misread and maybe added an hour to where Jason said that would be 6pm pacific thinking it was central.

Cap10_Morgan

Quick question... is the scoring setup a default setup?  And has it ever changed?  Going to do some research and look through the archives to see where I need to focus for draft, etc.

johncw

It's not exactly a default but the scoring is pretty close. I think the big change is in the positions which are not exactly standard. Should all be displayed in the settings...

Typically since we do an online draft we let the site randomly pick the draft order right before the draft starts, but I guess if enough people want to know ahead of time then we can draft an order and I can enter it in.

Cap10_Morgan

Quotejohncw - 8/3/2017  2:21 PM  It's not exactly a default but the scoring is pretty close. I think the big change is in the positions which are not exactly standard. Should all be displayed in the settings...   Typically since we do an online draft we let the site randomly pick the draft order right before the draft starts, but I guess if enough people want to know ahead of time then we can draft an order and I can enter it in.

Yeah, I found the settings, thanks.   Just wasn't sure if those were default... like how much I should take advise of "experts" to heart if our settings are different, that kind of thing.  Haven't been able to play the last few years cause all my friends are giant bags of douche and flaked out on me.  So I'm just trying to do my research and be prepared, lol.

I don't necessarily need to know what order the draft is in that early.  Would just put a "plan" together that would never end up working anyway.

BewareDaPenguin

I was a little confused from the email it said we are doing the draft Tues the 27th...I went to look and it's Tues the 29th or Sunday the 27th. So just need a little clarification if I missed it I apologize, Sunday would work better for me, if it's Tuesday lll figure something out but just wondering since I was confused. Thanks!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Cap10_Morgan

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 8/7/2017  11:17 PM  I was a little confused from the email it said we are doing the draft Tues the 27th...I went to look and it's Tues the 29th or Sunday the 27th. So just need a little clarification if I missed it I apologize, Sunday would work better for me, if it's Tuesday lll figure something out but just wondering since I was confused. Thanks!

Yeah, I responded to the email message pointing that out.  Based on the rest of the people that posted, I was assuming it was Tues the 29th, but no real clue.  Personally, I can make anything work with enough notice... although I would like Tuesday over Sunday simply due to Sundays being "Game of Throne nights" with the wife right now, lol.   

When are cigars due?  I know John wants everyone to send them to him first.  I don't have a lot of cigars in my inventory that meet the criteria, so I ordered some just for this.  Unfortunately, some are on backorder, but they aren't the most rare cigars or anything, so assume it will only be a couple week delay.

And 1 last thing... saw the OP updated and it said "Cap10_Morgan - Brian" and assume its just because I took Brians spot when he dropped.  No biggie, but just to avoid confusion, I'm Jeff.

nirab

So, when is the draft, and what time? The email I received said it starts at 9pm cst, but I'm not available until around 9:30 cst. I'll be drafting from work, and sometimes we don't close on time...can't tell folks to put out their cigars and leave!!
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

johncw

I was planning on Tuesday Aug 29th at 8CST... Nirab you can't do that date? Can you do another other days that week at 8CST? I don't want to make it any later than that because of the guys on the East Coast.

Cap10_Morgan

I can make it anytime.  (Again, as long as there is notice, like there is now)

johncw

As I put in the email. The draft will be Aug 29th Tuesday at 9:30EST-6:30PST.  Looking to figure out how to do the draft order so it's transparent to everyone.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.