This makes me want to puke~!

Started by Vroomp, 08/03/2017 01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vroomp

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

danb6177

Bunch of crap, and its screwing up your logo!! Bastids
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

bstessl

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

ninfiction

When do those have to be used, soon? Such a shame, going to ruin all packaging. Is it possible to use easily removable stickers? !@#%$ing government.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

amigodecigars

Next they will want it in 6 different languages.  Didn't the 3 year delay by the FDA include labels?
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

Vroomp

Although I have stated in my Warning label plan to the FDA that these will be non-removable, I am hoping consumers will be able to remove them easily after purchasing. We will of course have to move the printing position of our labels on all new cans to accommodate new warning labels in the mean time.......   All packaging must have labels after August 10, 2018 and there are other labels required which no one is talking about........"Contents" and "for sale in US only"....

And there's this too:

Leaf tobacco (i.e., whole leaf or parts) that has been prepared solely by mechanical processing that involves no chemical, additive, or substance other than potable water is to be uniquely identified by providing the following information: the type (e.g., burley, bright, oriental) the variety the cure method (e.g., flue, fire, sun, steam, air) and heat source (e.g., propane,wood)a description of any recombinant DNA technology used to engineer the tobacco.We consider the cure method and curing heat source necessary to uniquely identify tobacco-derived materials because these factors change the tobacco composition by altering endogenous constituents (e.g., sugars) and, in some circumstances, adding exogenous constituents (e.g., from partially pyrolyzed organic matter), thus resulting in a distinctly different tobacco material.
Similarly, we believe that tobacco derived from recombinant DNA technology (e.g., tobacco mosaic virus RNA vector) is intrinsically distinct from unmodified tobacco and that a description of the modification and technology used is, therefore, necessary as part of the identification. FDA requests that you further identify the leaf tobacco with any internal identification number(e.g., SKU, product code) used within your company to reference the ingredient.
Tobacco that has been processed with any chemical, additive, or substance other than potable water is to be reported as described in section III.
D.3.c below. Each type of leaf tobacco used in a tobacco product is to be reported as a separate ingredient. For example, if you purchase a tobacco leaf blend or reconstituted tobacco for use in manufacturing a tobacco product, you are to report the blend or reconstituted tobacco as described in section III.
D.3.c The manufacturer responsible for assembling the blend or reconstituting the tobacco is to submit ingredient lists for its tobacco products and, in doing so, reporting
each type of leaf tobacco used in the blend as described in this section.

Under section 904(a)(1)
of the FD&C Act, you must report ingredients by quantity by brand and subbrand.  Under section 904(d) and (e), FDA is required to publish a list of harmful constituents
by quantity in each tobacco product by brand and subbrand.  FDA intends to rely on consistent reporting from manufacturers and importers to publish this list in a manner that is useful to the public and not misleading to laypersons.  Therefore, ingredient information is to be provided using units that are consistent across all products.
In addition, the reporting of ingredient quantities is intended to provide the Agency with information to assist with implementation of other provisions of the FD&C Act(e.g., developing tobacco product standards and making substantial equivalence determinations).  As such, the quantities need to be reported in consistent units across all products using an absolute measurement that is conserved during chemical reactions.  FDA, therefore, interprets the term quantity to mean a unit of mass (i.e., grams with a standard International System of Units prefix as appropriate) of an ingredient contained in a tobacco product

In other words, there will be no more secret blends~!

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

amigodecigars

Yesterday I listened to Will Cooper and Bear discuss FDA Commissioner Dr. Scott Gottlieb’s announcements from 7/27/17.  One component of this program was a plan to push the deadline for cigar and pipe tobacco companies to submit products for FDA approval out nearly three years to August 8, 2021.  Coop and Bear did not mention packaging at all during the 2 hour show.  WTF, I would have thought that the draconian packaging changes would also be postponed.                                                                                                                                                    

https://cigar-coop.com/2017/08/prime-time-special-edition-8-the-gottlieb-doctrine.html

"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

headfirst

That's ridiculous.  Next it'll be on the band...
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Jackal

Try selling in a lot of the Asian countries.  You not only have to have that stupid label in numerous languages, but pictures of lesions, deformed children and tumors

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

amigodecigars

amigodecigars

According to the FDA, the new Aug. 2021 date does not apply to deadlines that have already passed, or to the "other provisions of the rule, including, but not limited to, required warning statements, ingredient listing, health document submissions, harmful and potentially harmful constituent reports..." (The deadline for many of these rules was extended back in May.)  Many in the cigar industry, from cigar manufacturers to the heads of cigar industry took today's FDA announcement as positive news.    http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/fda-extends-deadline-will-reconsider-premium-cigars-19492

ninfiction

If your product is pure unaltered tobacco it shouldn't require more than one ingredient listed ~ Tobacco
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Jackal

Quoteninfiction - 8/3/2017  6:57 PM

If your product is pure unaltered tobacco it shouldn't require more than one ingredient listed ~ Tobacco

:word:

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

DonM

Luckily I unload boxes into my humidor as singles, so I won't have to look at that f**king ridiculous label every time I get a cigar!

With that said, that Sux @$$

"The Curmudgeon"

MacMac

Messed up a beautiful can!
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

CarlosoftHUN

No worries guys.. the same thing happens in Hungary and all over Europe too... Like Jackal said, pictures about babies, tumors, impotent guys naked in bed saying it causes impotent, and such...

This is crazy.....
Cigars - What else?

"The light ones may be killers, the dark ones mild; not the wrappers but the fillers, make cigars or women wild." -Keith Preston

PETE314

Quoteninfiction - 8/3/2017  9:57 PM  If your product is pure unaltered tobacco it shouldn't require more than one ingredient listed ~ Tobacco
I agree....If I interpreted that correctly...you only need to name everything if the tobacco was "mechanically processed"  or if there were any additives or chemicals used outside of water...

I actually saw this here , Brad, before Facebook...but I too was sick to my stomach and just had no words....I still like my re-design idea

I am pretty sure I can figure something out to minimize the impact on the look.  Not completely...but....

Hey....just thinking outside of the box...If your can was sealed in cellophane...can you place the sticker on the cellophane???  Then once purchased...you take the cellophane off....I mean the purpose of this is to "dissuade" people from buying the product in the guise of informing the public.  So they are most interested in it being visible while in the store...Once purchased...it has lost it's power...I haven't seen the entire wording yet...but just thought I could throw that idea into the wind...

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

Olddog

Are they going to require all this crap on a single stick?  What if I buy one or two sticks from a site, are they going to require all this frackin wording be put on a per stick basis or on boxes only?  I like the idea of wrapping boxes in cello and putting the sticker on that so when you rip off the cello it is no longer seen.
"Honest men, with pipes or cigars in their mouths, have great physical advantages in conversation. You may stop talking if you like, but the breaks of silence never seem disagreeable, being filled up by the puffing of smoke." - William Makepeace Thackeray

amigodecigars

mutherfkn FDA.......write letters, call your Rep.

Cigars Sold Individually without Packaging[/size]

For cigars that are sold individually, and not in a product package, the retailer must display all six of the required warning statements on a sign posted at the point-of-sale, per 21 CFR § 1143.5(a)(3).

The sign at point-of-sale must be:

• At least 8.5 × 11 inches in size;[/li]
  • Clear, legible, and conspicuous;[/li]
  • Printed in black Helvetica bold or Arial bold type or other similar sans serif fonts against a solid white background, in at least 17-point font size with appropriate spacing between the warning statements;[/li]
  • Posted on or within 3 inches of each cash register where payment may be made; and[/li]
  • Unobstructed in its entirety and read easily by each consumer making a purchase.[/li]
  • The required warning statements on the sign must be:[/li]
    • Printed in a manner that contrasts, by typography, layout, or color, with all other printed material; and[/li]
    • Capitalized and punctuated as indicated above.[/li][/list][/list]

Vroomp

QuoteOlddog - 8/5/2017  12:24 PM  Are they going to require all this crap on a single stick?  What if I buy one or two sticks from a site, are they going to require all this frackin wording be put on a per stick basis or on boxes only?  I like the idea of wrapping boxes in cello and putting the sticker on that so when you rip off the cello it is no longer seen.

While there are quite a few folks that wrap their boxes in cello, I am not sure this will be allowed as the cello is usually removed for display purposes and the label would be gone rendering the product unsalable unless sold as single cigars in a larger display box ........

There are quite a few unanswered questions that need answers, but the FDA is slow to respond.......  I am still waiting for answers to several questions, an FEI number, and access to submit documentation electronically~!

BewareDaPenguin

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Camshaft83

:cry: That labeling is so badass too... It's such a shame.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Otter

Man I hate seeing this stuff! Having them removable by the end user/customer is a great idea kinda like the tags on a mattress.
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

CoreyMacLeod

Great looking can, it appears.  It's a shame what our government is doing to us.  Absolute shame.  They put Edolara cigars out of business right after he started.
No Signature Necessary.

1029henry

If it pleases the Crown, may I sell bunches of rolled up dried leaves? Nanny State B.S.!!!!!
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.