wet vac wasp

Started by biggsy16, 08/03/2017 03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggsy16

Geeks,

Was stung a couple of times by some yellow jackets and traced the nest , under cedar steps on front of house.The problem is I can't see them and the opening is quite large.So I YouTubed it and came across a great idea, put some water and dish soap in wetvac and place extension as close to nest as possible.Left it running for a couple of hours and presto wasp soup, beauty eh.

Rich 

Never done being a Dad

Jackal

Bugs of clade Hymenoptera (those nasty stinging insects), are very susceptible to soap.  It causes them to suffocate.  A power washer or even a car washing soap dispenser attachment on your hose can do a number on them.  

Smoke passivates them, so if you can't get close to the nest, a smoke pot or other smoke making device will let you get near enough to do the job.

Also, there are some really fun videos on YouTube showing drones, home made flamethrowers, and shotgun shells taking down wasp nests.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

McBryde

I prefer the foaming wasp spray, which we buy by the case here on the farm!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

shakinghorizons

QuoteJackal - 8/3/2017  3:45 PM

Smoke passivates them, so if you can't get close to the nest, smoke enough pot to do the job.

Had to fox news your comment Jason -  :blech:

Vroomp

I usually wait until it rains or is dark and dump 2 quarts of rubbing alcohol down Yellow Jacket holes. This always does the trick for the entire nest~!
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

tvolball

Ran into a nest at my Mom and Dads this past weekend while mowing. Surprisingly non of the little bastards got me. My Dad had some foaming wasp spray which I filled the hole with. Looks like I may have gotten them.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

wescat

Powder the hole with Sevin dust.
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.