Look what I got!

Started by CarlosoftHUN, 08/04/2017 12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarlosoftHUN

Yesterday had some time to rush out to the largest cigar shop in my small country - not so much shop we have dedicated to cigar and/or pipe, a lot more cigarette shops - and I could put my hand on the following pieces:

Casa De Garcia, Connecticut Robusto
Oliva 460 Maduro
Oliva G Cigarillo
Oliva G Special G
Vegafina Classic No5 Perla
NUB 460 Connecticut
Hacienda Veracruz short robusto
La Aurora Panatella - cherry ( just for fun)
La Aurora Panatella - Vanilla ( for fun)

I have tried to buy for reasonable prices - as it is more expensive than in US, but not as expensive than in UK - and short robustos or smallers as I cannot smoke large ones yet..

Did I make good choices?
Cigars - What else?

"The light ones may be killers, the dark ones mild; not the wrappers but the fillers, make cigars or women wild." -Keith Preston

Hot Stuff x

Hello there.  I spent some time in Tazar with NATO back in the 90's.    Some of those I don't have experience with, but the Olivas and the NUB are fairly decent.  You could look up the reviews of those cigars here on Cigar Geeks and see what our community thinks of them.
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Cfickter

Just for fun, can you post what you paid per stick?  I would be interested
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

headfirst

If you like them then you did fine!  Like Les I know the olivas and nubs, never a bad experience with them.

Next time take your phone out and look up the rating when you're in there looking at all the candy...
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Cap10_Morgan

Quoteheadfirst - 8/4/2017  8:55 AM  If you like them then you did fine!  Like Les I know the olivas and nubs, never a bad experience with them.  Next time take your phone out and look up the rating when you're in there looking at all the candy...

That's exactly what I do while checking out the stock at a B&M!  I just look them up in the database and see what other Geeks thought of them.  But also, you are still trying as many things as you can, so why not try em all!  lol  Hope you enjoy.

"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

CarlosoftHUN

QuoteCfickter - 8/4/2017  1:37 PM

Just for fun, can you post what you paid per stick?  I would be interested

Casa De Garcia, Connecticut Robusto   $3.20
Oliva 460 Maduro  $4.20
Oliva G Cigarillo  $3.70
Oliva G Special G $4
Vegafina Classic No5 Perla  $5.10
NUB 460 Connecticut  $10
Hacienda Veracruz short robusto  $2.30
La Aurora Panatella - cherry ( just for fun) $1.70
La Aurora Panatella - Vanilla ( for fun) $1.70
Cigars - What else?

"The light ones may be killers, the dark ones mild; not the wrappers but the fillers, make cigars or women wild." -Keith Preston

CarlosoftHUN

QuoteCap10_Morgan - 8/4/2017  3:32 PM

Quoteheadfirst - 8/4/2017  8:55 AM  If you like them then you did fine!  Like Les I know the olivas and nubs, never a bad experience with them.  Next time take your phone out and look up the rating when you're in there looking at all the candy...

That's exactly what I do while checking out the stock at a B&M!  I just look them up in the database and see what other Geeks thought of them.  But also, you are still trying as many things as you can, so why not try em all!  lol  Hope you enjoy.

Tricky is that the CG app is not for free here, and I did not buy it yet.... maybe soon.... but also have data a lot so can check the web too

Cigars - What else?

Cap10_Morgan

Yeah, I never downloaded the app and it's not free here either.  I just use the web.  Also... and this is important... don't trust all of our opinions anyway.  You might like different things than I do, so don't let my rating on something turn you away.  Now, if you see NOTHING but terrible things... maybe think twice.  Trick is, try finding someone who rates cigars similar to your tastes and maybe even seek out some of the cigars they really loved, etc.
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

klamm143

Enjoy the sticks - and the other Geeks have posted some great advice and observations.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Olddog

Excellent selection, enjoy them now!
"Honest men, with pipes or cigars in their mouths, have great physical advantages in conversation. You may stop talking if you like, but the breaks of silence never seem disagreeable, being filled up by the puffing of smoke." - William Makepeace Thackeray

MacMac

Hope you enjoy them!
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

CarlosoftHUN

QuoteCap10_Morgan - 8/4/2017  4:01 PM

Yeah, I never downloaded the app and it's not free here either.  I just use the web.  Also... and this is important... don't trust all of our opinions anyway.  You might like different things than I do, so don't let my rating on something turn you away.  Now, if you see NOTHING but terrible things... maybe think twice.  Trick is, try finding someone who rates cigars similar to your tastes and maybe even seek out some of the cigars they really loved, etc.

That is a good idea... thnx

Regarding trust in the cg ratings....we need to trust because the more people like sometbing there is a high probability that the cigar is good in quality and taste.. but of course as you said not sure if it is your prefeence as well...
Cigars - What else?

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.