Chess

Started by danb6177, 08/04/2017 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danb6177

Was just wondering if anyone here plays?
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

Cfickter

Nope, not since I got Rooked into a game the other Knight.  Later I found out I was a Pawn in a larger scheme being run by some chess King pin and his drag Queen friend.  I finally said this is all Bishop and got the hell out of there.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Beegerply

QuoteCfickter - 8/4/2017  9:44 AM

Nope, not since I got Rooked into a game the other Knight.  Later I found out I was a Pawn in a larger scheme being run by some chess King pin and his drag Queen friend.  I finally said this is all Bishop and got the hell out of there.

LMAO this is funny  :lmao:  :lmao: I used to play years ago when I was in the military  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Olddog

QuoteCfickter - 8/4/2017  7:44 AM  Nope, not since I got Rooked into a game the other Knight.  Later I found out I was a Pawn in a larger scheme being run by some chess King pin and his drag Queen friend.  I finally said this is all Bishop and got the hell out of there.

How can one top this?????   

"Honest men, with pipes or cigars in their mouths, have great physical advantages in conversation. You may stop talking if you like, but the breaks of silence never seem disagreeable, being filled up by the puffing of smoke." - William Makepeace Thackeray

danb6177

QuoteCfickter - 8/4/2017  9:44 AM

:lmao: nice
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----

toby2

that was too funny!

unless playing with your bishop counts? then not really, but i used to to have a roommate in school that loved to play and beat me regularly in chess.

shakinghorizons

Never played, don't believe I have the brains for it.

danb6177

Quoteshakinghorizons - 8/4/2017  2:51 PM

Nah it dont take brains to play, or even play well. Maybe it does to be a master or a grand master. But for club level play its more experience than intelligence.
-----

Jackal

Quotedanb6177 - 8/4/2017  12:58 PM

Nah it dont take brains to play, or even play well. Maybe it does to be a master or a grand master. But for club level play its more experience than intelligence.

I agree.  That is why I don't play much.  Similar to Go, it seems like the game is more pattern recognition than actual strategy.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

danb6177

QuoteJackal - 8/4/2017  3:15 PM

Quotedanb6177 - 8/4/2017  12:58 PM

I agree.  That is why I don't play much.  Similar to Go, it seems like the game is more pattern recognition than actual strategy.

well Go more so than chess. Most chess games at my level escape from the main line (if they ever where even there at all) within the first 6 or 7 moves. So strategy and theory definitely come into play every game. Now at the GM levels absolutely. Every game is pretty much the same for 25 moves each. Kinda boring
-----

klamm143

I play a little - use to play often - but now, I just don't have time. It would take away from smoke and drink time - which is definitely not going to happen.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Camshaft83

QuoteCfickter - 8/4/2017  5:44 AM

OMG this is the funniest chess joke ever!   :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.